Georgia Babies

Did you buy something special to wear after delivery?

With DS I just wore hospital gowns the entire time after delivery, but it didn't make for very pretty pictures and I think I'll feel better if I look better. Did you buy anything special to wear after delivery?  (I know people say they don't want to wear something too nice bc of staining but I'm not really worried about it.)

On a related note, do you think special "nursing" clothes are worth the money? I didn't use them with DS but woudl consider them.

TIA!

Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Did you buy something special to wear after delivery?

• I wore my ON yoga pants and nursing tanks after all 3. I don't have any nursing clothes except nursing tanks and bras. I don't think anything else is worth it.

I got new nursing tanks this time. I have big boobs and someone recommended glamourmom full busted nursing tanks. I LOVE them. So comfortable and actually hold my boobs in.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageDaisy22:

I wore my ON yoga pants and nursing tanks after all 3. I don't have any nursing clothes except nursing tanks and bras. I don't think anything else is worth it.

I got new nursing tanks this time. I have big boobs and someone recommended glamourmom full busted nursing tanks. I LOVE them. So comfortable and actually hold my boobs in.

Pretty much what she said. I LOVE my nursing tanks. I have bravado and glamour mom tanks. Both awesome.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDaisy22:

I wore my ON yoga pants and nursing tanks after all 3. I don't have any nursing clothes except nursing tanks and bras. I don't think anything else is worth it.

This.  I think nursing tops are pretty much worthless.  I used to wear a nursing tank (or a nursing bra with a long tank over it) underneath my tops when we went out of the house.  That way, I could pull my shirt up but still be covered by the tank.  Tops that button up are nice too for easy access.  I wore some comfy pajama pants from Target with a nursing tank in the hospital the second time around.  I learned from my first delivery, WEAR makeup!!  I looked like sh!t in every picture I have from having E.  I went through the ringer with her delivery, and I looked like it.  The second time around, I made sure to do my makeup and hair.  It may seem vain, but you'll be looking at those pictures forever. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For P after 36 hours of labor and an emergency C, well, I couldn't tell you what I wore or if I did my hair.  I felt awful and I looked awful and I couldn't sleep - it was terrible.  I am just happy both of us made it out of there alive.  I got nice clothes and did my hair nice and my makeup for the newborn session.

For Isaac I had a scheduled C and I regret not making time to get my hair straightened before I went to the hospital.  Makeup was probably never going to happen but with him being in the NICU and all it would have been nice to have my hair tidy for the many treks I did back and forth from my room (DH refused to take pictures of Isaac hooked up to machines except one the nurse took in the NICU when we got to hold him the first time and even though I was crying and looked like doo I don't regret anything about it - its one of my favorite pictures ever).  As for clothes I thought I would just wear the gowns but it turned out by the second day I was tired of them and I felt much better so I wanted real pajamas/nursing tops.  My MIL had to go buy some at Target but I was so happy she did.  She also bought me a little frame to put my picture of Isaac in that the nurse took so I could look at it while I pumped.  I still have that picture and frame in my foyer. And I look awful forever in it.  Oh well.

I can't stress this enough.  Hire a photographer if you can possibly afford it.  Arrange for them to be there for L&D if possible and the of course within the first few hours.  You will NOT regret it.

• I went to gap body and found the softest black pj pants they make and then bought a nursing tank from gap maternity. I was so much more comfortable. I also got a little short sleeved zip up hoodie thing to throw on over the tank, so that I could feel a little more covered up at times. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The first time around I was so NOT prepared, given my water broke early, DH was out of town, I drove myself to the hospital and only took my purse... SO I ended up wearing a hospital gown for what felt like days and days and trying to tell DH was to bring me was a nightmare.  This time I've had a bag packed since I think 34 weeks :)  The only thing I bought was 1 new nursing night gown that I plan to wear after my c-section, and a few super soft nursing tank tops to wear with regular pj bottoms to wear at the hospital.  I just wanted to wear my own clothes.  I didn't and don't plan to buy any other specific nursing clothes beyond that.  Since I'm having a planned c-section this week, I do plan to wear make up and have my hair looking as good as it can at 5:15 am :)  Like others have said, may be vain, but yowzers some of the pics from MJD's experience are not so hot.
  • After delivery I just wore nursing tanks and super soft pj pants.

Totally agree with all the pp re: nursing tops - pretty worthless.  I just wore nursing tanks, button up shirts, and even stretchy v-neck tees.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I got a pair of nursing pajamas and a nighttime nursing bra from Motherhood.  I needed some pjs that fit when I was pg, so they served dual duty.   They're really soft and I'll still wear them when I'm done nursing.   
  • My sister gave me a set of pajams with a nursing tank and a short robe. I plan to wear that after delivery!

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
    2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
    October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
    January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
    Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
    March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
    Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

• I hated the gown and took it off as soon as possible. I wore pjs with drawstring bottoms (no elastic around the c/s!) and button up top over a nursing tank. Don't spend a lot of money on them- clearance section at Target is the best place. Go for cotton over flanel... I had terrible night sweats after delivery both times.

• I wore nursing tank and drawstring pjs  after delivery.  I wear nursing tanks to sleep. During the day I just use nursing bras. No special clothes just my regular tshirts
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I wore a really pretty blue nightgown and robe and was SO GLAD I did.  We had tons of visitors and pictures.  Northside has a great photographer so I really liked those pictures.  Definitely pack your makeup.  I was so glad I had mine and a curling brush!
  • I wore the hospital gowns the whole time I was in the hospital. I had brought things to wear, but didn't bother. It was July and I think I brought a cotton dress to wear home because I wasn't sure if I'd have a C section or not. This time it will be november, so I guess I will bring something like yoga pants with tank and hoodie or something like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"