Military Families

Military Ball

I found out over the weekend that my husband has a military ball that we have to go to 2 weeks before I am due!!! Not sure what to wear since I don't know what I will be fitting into too. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new dress. My husband said to buy whatever I want but I can't and won't spend that much with a baby right around the corner. Anyone know where I can get a formal maternity dress for cheap?

Re: Military Ball

• Motherhood maternity has some.(Most of them are knee-length, not sure what you are looking for.) They have a bunch of maxi dresses, too. Maybe you could take a  casual dress and dress it up with nice accessories?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have always had luck on ebay.
  • Loading the player...
  • i have found really flowing dresses at ross that would probably work for a pregnant belly

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• When I was pregnant with DS, I spent less than $40 on a maternity dress off eBay.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I went to ball 36 weeks pregnant with my youngest.  I found a non-maternity dress that was flowy and had an empire waist.  It was on a clearance rack at a local store for $40.  It worked perfectly.  Wait until a few weeks before the ball and go dig through racks to see what you can find.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you are on Facebook, check out the military dress page :) I know I saw a cute navy blue formal maternity dress on there! :)
  • I got a dress from David's Bridal that was not a maternity dress but had the fitted top with a flowy, stretchy (jersey spandex?) material on the bottom.  It ended up being about 3-4 sizes bigger than I normally wear but I had it altered to fit.  Now, I can have it altered again and wear it non-pregnant!
  • Are you friendly with other spouses nearby? I bought a dress to wear tot he Marine Corps ball when I was pregnant with DS and I'm lending it to a friend to wear Friday for a dining out. Her due date is Sunday so she didn't want to buy something and then not make it to her due date. 

Ask around and see if you can borrow one.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just went to a wedding and bought a non-maternity maxi style dress, they are every where right now and work for pregnant bellies.  I just went up a size.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageladybugpjb:

Motherhood maternity has some.(Most of them are knee-length, not sure what you are looking for.) They have a bunch of maxi dresses, too. Maybe you could take a  casual dress and dress it up with nice accessories?

Agree!!!

2weeks_zps47aaf230 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Someone on my BMB just posted a link to a dress on this site. There are some really cute ones. https://us.asos.com/Women-Maternity/rsry2/?cid=5813&Rf900=1465&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1

• Here is a site you can rent  a dress or outfits.

https://www.minefornine.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"