Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Seventh Generation

Are these good products?

I am slowly turning my home green and I purchased the dish soap. It says "natural" which I assume is still "eco friendly"

Any reviews for Seventh Generation products?

TIA

Re: Seventh Generation

• Options

I am in the same boat as you. I am working to become more eco-friendly and trying to be better aware of the products I use. I just bough the Lavender Vanilla dish soap and I LOVE it. It was only about 10 cents more than dawn or similar brands and smells so good. It does a great job cleaning and doesn't dry out my hands.

I would love to try the laundry soap but it really is just too expensive to justify. The only kind our stores carry is about $21 whiles similar products run about 9-12.

I use water and vinegar to clean counters, stove, fridge, bathroom. I use baking soda and vinegar in the toilet and tub. I LOVE my swiffer wet jet but the refills are over $5 and weren't eco friendly. I figured out that by either boiling water or running really hot water over the cap for about a minute it will come off. I filled that with a vinegar water solution and clean my floors with that as well.

• Options
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:

I am in the same boat as you. I am working to become more eco-friendly and trying to be better aware of the products I use. I just bough the Lavender Vanilla dish soap and I LOVE it. It was only about 10 cents more than dawn or similar brands and smells so good. It does a great job cleaning and doesn't dry out my hands.

I would love to try the laundry soap but it really is just too expensive to justify. The only kind our stores carry is about $21 whiles similar products run about 9-12.

I use water and vinegar to clean counters, stove, fridge, bathroom. I use baking soda and vinegar in the toilet and tub. I LOVE my swiffer wet jet but the refills are over $5 and weren't eco friendly. I figured out that by either boiling water or running really hot water over the cap for about a minute it will come off. I filled that with a vinegar water solution and clean my floors with that as well.

I use a re-vamped wet-jet too!  And you can make a couple pads with an old hand towel that you can wash and reuse too.  :D 

image  image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    While they worked alright, I preferred how other brands worked more. Their toilet bowel cleaner requires quite a bit of elbow grease, even after soaking. Mrs. Meyers laundry detergent and fabric softener worked better for us as well. 
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I really like their sposies and wipes (if sposies must be used.) The wipes have almost nothing in them and everythings plant based. I also like their disinfecting wipes. It says kills 99.9% of germs just like Lysol but uses thyme oil as its active ingredient -- who knew? :)
  • Options
    imageTeneniel:
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:

I use a re-vamped wet-jet too!  And you can make a couple pads with an old hand towel that you can wash and reuse too.  :D 

How do you make the pads? I am very interested!!!

• Options

imageLizBGood:
    I really like their sposies and wipes (if sposies must be used.) The wipes have almost nothing in them and everythings plant based. I also like their disinfecting wipes. It says kills 99.9% of germs just like Lysol but uses thyme oil as its active ingredient -- who knew? :)

Thyme oil!  We just started using these last week and I kept telling DH they smelled super herbal, like basil or something...I couldn't quite put my finger on it!  Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagek8edgerton:

Are these good products?

I am slowly turning my home green and I purchased the dish soap. It says "natural" which I assume is still "eco friendly"

Any reviews for Seventh Generation products?

TIA

While some "natural" products are Eco friendly, not all are, so be careful.  It can just be a marketing ploy.  I've been using an app called "good guide" on my iPhone that has really helped me make choices as my family strives to become greener!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:
    imageTeneniel:
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:

I just cut and zigzagged an old hand towel as big as the footprint of the swiffer, then added a 2.5" flannel strip on each side to poke in the holder holes. 

image  image  image

• Options
    JJEM98JJEM98 member
    Not my favorite for cleaning. But I have a lot of friends that use their diapers and paper products and love them. I use all Method products for cleaning, non-toxic, smell great and they really clean! Mrs. Meyers Clean Day products clean well too but the smell was too strong for me.
    Daughter Emily - 10/28/03, and baby on the way makes 4! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageTeneniel:
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:
    imageTeneniel:
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:

I just cut and zigzagged an old hand towel as big as the footprint of the swiffer, then added a 2.5" flannel strip on each side to poke in the holder holes. 

Thank you! I am going to do this when I run out of the pads. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"