C-sections
Options

Is the pouch c-section related or just pregnancy related?

DD is 16 months old and while I can fit back into my size 6 jeans, I'm not very happy about the muffin top that goes with it.  I'm a workout - aholic,  I eat really well.  Lost all the pregnancy weight and then some.  I just don't understand why it's still there? :(   I'm not sure if its fat or loose abs.  I'm just curious if it's c/section related....how is everyone else's PP bellies?  it really gets me down sometimes because I KNOW what it use to look like.  BTW - it's not the shelf that every one talks about....I don't believe I have that.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is the pouch c-section related or just pregnancy related?

• Options

I think you should put this under the "every person is different" category. Some people with c-sections have no evidence that they ever had a baby. Some people who have vaginal deliveries will have the pouch regardless of how much weight they lose. Unfortunately, if you're in good shape and a healthy weight and it's still there, it may always be there.

If this helps (and I'm sure it won't), I'm a larger size than you (though that means nothing since I may be taller or have less belly fat) and I don't have it. It did take over a year to go away though. It's probably just luck combined with genetics though. I don't go to the gym and do strenous workouts or anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKC_13:

I think you should put this under the "every person is different" category. Some people with c-sections have no evidence that they ever had a baby. Some people who have vaginal deliveries will have the pouch regardless of how much weight they lose. Unfortunately, if you're in good shape and a healthy weight and it's still there, it may always be there.

If this helps (and I'm sure it won't), I'm a larger size than you (though that means nothing since I may be taller or have less belly fat) and I don't have it. It did take over a year to go away though. It's probably just luck combined with genetics though. I don't go to the gym and do strenous workouts or anything.

you are very lucky!  I'm 5'3" and 129lbs.  Not aiming to loose more just want that belly tone somehow and I guess I will just keep on keeping on at the gym like I've been doing ever since she was born. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have love handles and loose belly skin that is pg, not c/s, related. My c/s incision is below my pubic hair so it's impossible that the saggy skin and pooch around my belly button is from my surgery. ETA: It's a combination of extra fat, loose abs and loose skin,, IMO.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"