January 2011 Moms

Terrible Two's Already?

I seriously think JT is having major temper tantrums. Sometimes I don't know if he's cranky cause he still has 1 more molar coming through (and then I guess start the 2 year molars) or if he's pitching a fit because he's pissed. How do you all handle this? I mean, he's all out tears, screaming and crying.

Today, I just about had it and was so happy when DH took him to Grandma's house. I still ended up going even though I told DH I didn't want to go...but I felt guilty after feeling happy to be alone and then felt even more guilty after DH called and said everyone was looking for me.

I guess this is a 2 for 1 post. A bit about my guilty mothering and a bit about my stubborn little man.

Also, trying to keep this board alive. 

Re: Terrible Two's Already?

• Iz has been having a lot of tantrums too. If it is because she wants something she can't have or is merely throwing a fit, I let her lay down and  throw her fit. It usually doesn't last long.

On the other issue sometimes you just need time, don't let the guilt eat you up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Woohoo for keeping the board alive!

I have to agree that the tantrums are out of  control.  Yesterday she got so bad that I wouldnt open the ibuprofin she layed on the ground and wailed for 5 minutes, kicking her legs. lol. I finally had to ignore her, and she stopped.

Its pretty crazy, and they are only 18 months! wth!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • She throws tantrums about THE dumbest things. Most of the time I have to cover my face so she doesn't see me laughing at her. I try to ignore her as much as possible when she's acting crazy.
  • He freaks out about stupid things too and he still hits me (only me) all the time.  He likes to kick and scream and sometimes we have to do what SH does and cover our face because it's funny.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sometimes I want to take a picture, because the cry face is so damn cute.

• Yup add us to the tantrum bandwagon.  One day last week I got her up for the day and she threw a tantrum immediately...WTF!  I thought it was due to me being pregnant and having zero patience or energy to play.

Don't feel guilty for alone time. 

• In full effect here and it sucks!!!!  Frustrating to say the least!
  • RedZeeRedZee member

We also get major tantrums. My pedi said there's a video on YouTube of a kid following her parents around throwing a fit. I try to distract her and if it doesn't work I let her get mad. Since starting daycare all she says is "mine! no!" and she gets mad when that doesn't actually make things hers.

Please don't feel guilty for needing time to yourself. It is really hard being home with a kid all day long. It's exhausting in a really crazy way. You would not be normal if you didn't need some time to yourself every so often.

My rant is that it annoys the crap out of me that we feel guilty no matter what we do. If we're home with our kids we feel like there's something wrong with us for not working and feel guilty if we spend 5 seconds by ourselves. If we're working we feel like horrible mothers for not being able or wanting to be home with our children. It's so unfair that we feel terrible no matter what choice we make.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Thank God I am not alone. We are in tantrum city over here all the time. I was starting to wonder if it was "normal" or not. I am drinking wine tonight in an effort to recover from the last few days.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"