C-sections

C Sect with an anterior placenta?

The Dr. says because of my AP, they will have to cut through it during the C/S resulting in extra blood loss. He does not seem concerned, but I am ha ha. Anyone with experience?

Re: C Sect with an anterior placenta?

• DD2 had an anterior placenta.  Wasn't an issue.  I don't know whether it was higher than the incision site so he didn't have to go through it, or he did have to go through it and didn't say anything.  No problem, either way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had ER c/s so it wasn't discussed with me ahead of time.  I did have an anterior placenta and it didn't seem to be an issue.  They never said anything about it after. 
    BFP #1 August 2007, Lost Nov 2007, no heartbeat found at anatomy ultrasound at 19 wks
    BFP #2 March 2011, Baby Girl born November 2011!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had an anterior placenta with every PG (this one included). No real issues for my c-section, but my OB does tell me that I lose a lot of blood. 
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • They didn't have to cut through my AP during my c/s and I lost just an average or below amount of blood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"