June 2011 Moms
Options

Intro and a question...

Hi ladies! I have lurked often since pregnancy and hope it's okay if I post. I am a teacher with 2 girls. My oldest, Millie, is 4, and Adele, our baby, is 13 months. I have enjoyed reading your posts--and your babies are all adorable. Okay, the real reason I came out of lurkdom, is because I just gave my baby honey. I am always so careful about what she eats, organic, very little processed--but I slipped up and fed her the rest of my older DD's sweat potato drizzled with honey. She loved it and ate well over half before I realized what I had done! I called the doctor and the nurse said it should be fine. But I'm worried, and I googled....anyone have any experience with this?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro and a question...

• Options
    I was told honey was fine at 1 year, and I'm pretty sure some other moms gave it even before then. I haven't given it to DD really directly, but it's ben the ingredient in things (like waffles this weekend) and she was fine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks. That makes me feel a little better. I had thought it was no honey before two?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I always heard that honey is fine after their first birthday, so I think your DD should be fine. I love both your daughter's names!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS's pedi said honey was fine to give now. I wouldn't worry too much! Glad you came out of lurkdom! :)
  • Options
    I believe the no honey before 1 is because of the risk of botulism. Maybe the thing about waiting until 2 is because sticky foods can be choking hazards? I've heard some wait to give peanut butter for that reason, so maybe it can go for honey also. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.  I'm definitely feeling better.  I've already checked on her three times though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"