Maryland Babies
Options

Moving from crib...

What age did you transition from a crib to a bed?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moving from crib...

• Options
    J is 2 1/2 and still in his crib. He hasn't tired to climb out so we see no reason to put the toddler rails up yet
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We did it between 21 and 22 months. We tried it on a whim, she slept well and we never looked back.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We moved our oldest to the bed at 20 months a few months before her baby sister arrived.

• Options
    We did it at 2 1/2, when we found out we were expecting  a second.  I have a friend who moved her son at 18 months because he was climbing out of his crib.
  • Options
    We were thinking of moving DS to a twin a few months before hypothetical #2 arrives or when he climbs out of the crib, whichever comes first. I saw him start to try to scale the side of the crib the other day so now I'm scared. I can't imagine him being able to sleep in a bed. He'd be standing up, jumping out, etc. Hopefully he can stay in the crib a little while longer.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Options
    we did it between 2 and 2.5.  She did randomly climb out of her crib one time when she was ~ 20 months, but we just talked about how that was a no, no.  Lots of boo boos, etc. and she never did it again.  I was afraid if we waited much longer, she'd have a tough transition.  We just moved her to the toddler bed and she's done great.  I imagine we'll move to a twin bed in another year or so.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We just did it at 3.5. He wasn't trying to climb out and was perfectly content. The only issue we've run into is that he knows how to open doors and also how to lock them. So he can open his door and go into the living room where he knows how to turn on the TV :) We've told him he comes out to go potty but must go back to sleep. He's slowly getting it. 

DD is still in her crib at 2.5. She's fine in there as well.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"