January 2011 Moms
Options

Whole Milk Intake

How much whole milk should an 18 month old be consuming? :)

Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Whole Milk Intake

• Options
    I believe my pedi said 16-24 ozs, but I would double check w/ your dr.

• Options
    My pedi said at the 12m 18-24 I think but we go again today and I plan to see if this amount has changed. JT gets about 24 oz each day, give or take. It's a 10 oz bottle and we just don't fill it all the way up.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ok, so we just got back and my dr. told me I should cut his milk intake in HALF! That would be 12 oz per day - this will help him eat more real food.

So I guess asking the pedi is the best option. He's a bit of a chunker (27 lb 13 oz) so I'm sure that has something to do with it. 

• Options
    Our pedi said 20oz is the max because it's a filler and can also cause constipation. It's better for them to eat more solid food and drink clear liquids at this age.
  • Options
    That answer is going to depend on your child's overall diet.  For example, my DS drinks zero cow's milk. Other food sources (both dairy and non-dairy) are a better fit for our family than drinking milk.
  • Options
    RedZeeRedZee member
    DD doesn't drink a ton of milk. She gets either milk or water in the morning - but only half a sippy cup full. At daycare she gets some milk in a cup and also has it with her cereal. They give milk at lunch but we told them she has to drink water at lunch because I think it's really important that she drink water and not fill up on milk. Milk doesn't necessarily offer so much that other foods don't. Every so often I'll give her milk as part of snack, but generally I don't.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    My LO doesn't drink a whole lot of milk. I offer it to him, but he isn't that into it. He loves water though.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD loves her milk. She drinks approximately 24 oz per day usually after her meals. She drinks water in between.  Doctor said that as long as she is still eating three solid, balanced meals, the milk intake is fine. She is currently 36.5 inches tall and 26.5 lbs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"