Postpartum Depression

Late onset PPA? (long)

A week after my c-section I ended up with a blood clot in my leg. Ever since that was discovered I've been paranoid about my health but kept putting off talking to the dr about it because I just felt stupid for some reason. I finally went to see the dr (GP) last week because over the past 2 months or so I've been feeling out of control with my emotions on top of the health anxiety. I've just been extremely irritable, angry and ragey-especially when DD is not cooperating. I've never had thoughts of hurting her or myself at all but I just get so frustrated and overwhelmed and then I just start hysterical crying out of guilt from getting frustrated with her. But I don't feel this way all the time-sometimes I'm perfectly fine and nothing really gets to me and other times the smallest thing will set me off. I've been snapping at DH and my mom and I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to be intimate with DH. I just don't know what is a normal part of being a mother of a 9 month old and what I should be concerned about. Anyway, when I went to the dr last week I started speaking to tell him what was wrong and I just broke down crying before I could get any of it out. He gave me paperwork to go to the lab and have some bloodwork done and told me to go and talk to a counselor and see if it helps. He said he wants to hold off on giving me medication for now since I'm still breastfeeding-also, when these emotional issues started it seemed that my breastmilk supply decreased for a couple weeks but now seems to be pretty much back to normal. And I have had my period for the past 3 months and each month I have had some heavier bleeding than I normally would before becoming pregnant. I was, however, on the pill for about 7 years or so before getting pregnant (can't go back on the pill or any hormones because of the clot). Ugh this is all just so confusing I just don't know what's going on or what to do about it-I'm getting overwhelmed just typing this post because I don't know if I'm making any sense or not. I have an initial consultation appointment with a counselor on sunday so I guess after talking to her I'll have some kind of idea of what exactly is going on with me. DH has had anxiety issues in the past (was on Lexapro for a few years) and told me the way I'm feeling and the way I've been acting is very similar to what he was going through before his dr put him on the lexapro. How do I know for sure though? And what is the difference between regular anxiety and postpartum anxiety? Any advice is appreciated-sorry so long and sorry if I keep jumping all over the place and not making sense. Thanks for reading

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!

Re: Late onset PPA? (long)

• wow, 43 people have absolutely nothing to say??? Thanks for the support ladies...
  • imageCLL1001:
    wow, 43 people have absolutely nothing to say??? Thanks for the support ladies...

I don't know what to say but how you feel sounds a lot like me.  I am fine some of the time, other times I am so stressed out, angry and overwhelmed.  My DD2 is 5 months old and I have been struggling for a few months now.  I thought it was getting better but doesn't seem to be.  

I'd like to hear what other say as well.

I am sorry you are going through this.

It was a long road for our family...our 3 angels in heaven are always watching over us!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagezestyfrog7:

imageCLL1001:
    wow, 43 people have absolutely nothing to say??? Thanks for the support ladies...

I don't know what to say but how you feel sounds a lot like me.  I am fine some of the time, other times I am so stressed out, angry and overwhelmed.  My DD2 is 5 months old and I have been struggling for a few months now.  I thought it was getting better but doesn't seem to be.  

I'd like to hear what other say as well.

I am sorry you are going through this.

Thanks for your reply and I apologize to everyone for my comment...I realize a lot of you are going through similar (if not worse) situations and what I said was uncalled for.

Sometimes I feel like it's getting better too and other days it's so bad I feel like I'm really losing my mind. Well tomorrow morning I go back to my dr to talk about my lab results and update him on how I'm feeling and Sunday is my first appt with the counselor so we'll see what happens.

• Just found this....I am so sorry you're having such a hard time...  I cant give you any advice medically... but I sure can sympathize with you.... Man oh Man do I remember going thru this after my first.  It was the most horrible time and what pissed me off the most was no one seemed to care or understand.  I even had this same depression in the first and second trimester of my second pregnancy.  My home circumstances were horrible during both of these times so that only increased the mental pain.   Ugh!  I never got help, I just rode it out, but if you can get help and you feel comfortable with it, then i'd for sure get it.   I just want to encourage you that this is all gonna pass, you will make it thru this... dont forget to pray, Jesus will comfort like no one or thing could ever comfort.   I speak bountiful blessings over your mind, health, body, and family.  May peace consume you and may Joyful expression roll off your lips with ease.    Peace be unto you in Jesus name!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Take care of yourself, Momma.

PPA and General Anxiety Disorder present the same. It's a matter of timing. 

It will get better. Have faith. Sending you positive thoughts. 

Married my Best Friend on 7/8/07 Welcomed our very own Little Miracle on 2/9/12 Life is GOOD...
  • I'm in almost the exact same situation as you are. Hang in there, let me know if you want to talk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"