December 2012 Moms

Kiddie rides while pregnant - WWYD

We're taking the kids to Marineland this weekend as we do every summer, and although they will ride together without an adult, they like it when I go on some with them. So, it doesn't really matter either way, but WWYD? Do you think gentle kiddie rides are ok, or would you stay off altogether?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Kiddie rides while pregnant - WWYD

• I'm super cautious so I would not go. That said, I imagine they would be safe. I just dont take any risks :)
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I actually wanted to take my god daughter on a few kiddie rides last weekend and the person administering the rides gave one look to my bump and told me they were not allowed to let any pregnant ladies under any circumstances. I didn't think it would be a big deal since I don't look like I'm about to explode or anything but nothing could change his mind. I hope you don't come across this on your trip!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Usually the park is going to be super conservative about what they recommend a pregnant woman go on for liability reasons. If it doesn't say at the entrance of the ride that pregnant women should avoid, I'd trust that it's safe. If you still feel weird about it though, sit it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been on some. DD is 20 months and we have season passes to sesame place. I figure if a one year old can ride, it isn't anything that's going to cause harm to a pregnant woman. I'm not going on any roller coasters or anything so I really don't think it's a big deal. Nothing I've been on is any rougher than driving a car. 

That being said, a lot of the rides say no pregnant woman. So if you're planning on trying I would wear something that doesn't show off your bump.  

and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • laura1laura1 member
    We just went to Storyland last week, and I went on many little kiddie rides.  I didn't even give it a second thought.  But the rides we did were pretty small - a little train, a mini ferris wheel, little boats, the carousel, and 2 rides that were like "Dumbo" at Disney.  We all did just fine!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelaura1:
    We just went to Storyland last week, and I went on many little kiddie rides.  I didn't even give it a second thought.  But the rides we did were pretty small - a little train, a mini ferris wheel, little boats, the carousel, and 2 rides that were like "Dumbo" at Disney.  We all did just fine!

I am going there next week and this is my plan too. 

• We went to Disneyland while I was pregnant and I went on some rides, they usually have a sign that will say if you shouldn't go on this ride.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If the sign doesn't say "no pregnants" id go. I ride the mini train and the carousel with DS all the time at the zoo.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • I went to Disneyland around 20ish weeks with both #1 and #4, and rode all the kid rides and Pirates of the Carribean. I avoided the faster, jerkier rides, but all was fine.
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would do it if there aren't any restrictions posted.  I took DD to Legoland a few weeks ago and they wouldn't even let me on a 3 minute "small world" type ride.  I wasn't happy about it but they were very firm in their policy. 
  • We have passes to Disneyland and go bi-weekly. I go on everything except roller coasters as it suggests on their website. From my research you have to avoid rides that are really jerky or shaky while pregnant. So I would say kiddie rides are just fine. Enjoy yourself!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• There are definitely no "no pregnant ladies" signs on any of the kiddie rides, but I guess it depends on the ride operators. I guess we'll find out on Saturday!

Honestly, the only ride I really want to go on is this one pirate ship ride. I have more fun on it than the kids do. Hands in the air and all. As soon as we get there I'm like "LET'S GO ON THE PIRATE SHIP GUYS!", and we end up riding it like 10 times because I'm a child apparently. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"