Military Families

Moving 36 Weeks Pregnant

Hi Ladies!  My husband and I are moving from Panama City Beach, FL to Bloomington, IN (he is being stationed at Crane) next week.  I will be 36 weeks pregnant.  I'm not sure why I feel so overwhelmed.. We have already locked in our house, our doctor, and even a tour of the hospital we will be delivering at.  We have started the packing process now & I just feel so anxious.  I hate not having a nursery ready (but there was really no reason for me to assemble my stuff here, moving there..)  I feel unprepared, but I have everything.  Just have to get to Indiana and put it all in its place.  I'm nervous I will be lonely there, because I will be so busy when we initially move I won't have time to really go socialize with other females.  Though, I did join a couple motherhood groups.  (See, I don't know why I am in such  a panic!)  I have been laying awake in bed for hours tonight, just going over all these miserable, worrysome scenarios in my head.  I just needed to vent.  Even though, I feel stupid.  I know everything will be okay.  I still feel very anxious!  Well, thank you guys for letting me vent.  This is strangely better than the tossing and turning I have been doing for about three hours. Haha

Re: Moving 36 Weeks Pregnant

• Hopefully you finally got some sleep. You have a lot going on all at one time so it is perfectly normal to feel overwhelmed. It's also not easy doing all of this at the end of your pregnancy. I think a part of this has with you wanting everything as stable and normal for when LO gets here. As a mother you just want everything to be right even if it's not perfect. Your worries are all of being a good mother and wife. Honestly we can all tell you it's going to be ok but until you get there and get everything in order, assembled, and are sitting in your LO's room after delivery looking into that angelic face is when you will take that deep breath of relief. Good Luck!
    DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you so much.. You are completely right.  I know I will be fine when I actually get there and see everything is okay.  I just want everything to be perfect, but I know that just isn't motherhood.  I keep trying to remember someday I will laugh about this!  haa
  • Loading the player...
  • I moved from VA to NV at 32 weeks pregnant. I took a train bc I couldn't fly, and driving would of taken a year with all my pee stops.
  • I agree with PP.  Just try and relax (easier said than done).  I think you have already accomplished a lot (meeting the doctor, touring the hospital, finding a hosptial is huge!).  And honestly, all you will need for the first few months will be a bassinet to hold your LO.  I didn't know I was pregnant for awhile with my DD and was actually in a one bedroom place (not even an apartment, it was essentially a room off the landlords garage) when I had my daughter and we lived there for a few months until I was able to move elsewhere.  I had her in a bassinet in my room until we moved into another rental.

Just breathe and take things one day at a time.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"