Food Allergy
Options

Babies with eczema

My LO has a milk allergy (I nurse), so I dont eat dairy. With eating egg, his eczema on his back flaired up, so taking a break on that. Then the last few days we started yogurt (coconut milk). I had noticed a slight rash in his private area but just figured it was a bit of a diaper rash and started putting cream on it. Skip to today, and this rash which looks like eczema is now all over his private area, it looks terrible and has now begun to spread to his bottom. Since the diaper rash cream is not helping, I pulled out a prescription cream dr gave us a while back and put that on before bed tonight in hopes it clears it up now. The only new thing he has started eating is the coconut milk yogurt, any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated!! If it is not better by monday, I will definitely call the dr. Thanks so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Babies with eczema

• Options
    I would stop giving him coconut yogurt and see if the rash goes away. My DD2's eczema cleared up once I stopped eating nuts. Your LO might be sensitive to coconut. Eczema can oftentimes be caused by a food sensitivity or allergy - like you noticed with your LO and eggs.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options

imageshotzie:
    I would stop giving him coconut yogurt and see if the rash goes away. My DD2's eczema cleared up once I stopped eating nuts. Your LO might be sensitive to coconut. Eczema can oftentimes be caused by a food sensitivity or allergy - like you noticed with your LO and eggs.

I agree - it's probably the coconut.  Just give it up for a while.. and then reintroduce it in a couple of weeks to see if there is another reaction.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"