January 2012 Moms
Options

working out

How/when are you finding time to exercise? With our schedules I can just cannot make it fit in consistently. I am so unhappy and flat out miserable all because of how much weight I've gained. And its not baby weight. I'm heavier now than I was when I was pregnant and I know its due to my lack of exercise. I try to take the dog and the kid for daily walks but its not enough.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: working out

• Options
    I just try to work out when DH is home to watch DS. It's usually in the morning. I run (30 minutes) and do weights 5 days a week. I exercised before and during my pregnancy. I took it down a notch during pregnancy though.

Some weeks I may get only 4 days and rarely just 3 days. DH knows that I've always loved exercise and that it keeps me sane ha. You really just have to do it even though you're tired or what not. It makes all the difference when you feel good about how you look and feel with exercising regularly.

Maybe you can talk to your DH about exercising before he and/or you go to work? I'm sure he would be more than willing to watch your LO while you do something that makes you happy. Good luck with exercising soon! Anything is better than nothing! :)
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are members of the YMCA.  I take the kids to the child care area and go work out.  I try to go three times a week but that doesn't always happen, especially if we are busy. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get up at 5. I pump then work out while DH is home to watch DD if she wakes up. Otherwise I can't find the time or it takes 2 hours because she interrupts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    raefreraefre member
    Once I'm done pumping, I'm going to use those 30 minutes in the morning to exercise.  DH gets his exercise in during the week when DS is sleeping and on the weekend when I'm home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I gained 40lbs with this pregnancy. After my daughter was born, I lost 13lbs right away but that was it. Finally in April, I decided I was going to do something about it. I started taking walks (about 45min) twice a day with my 3 year old son and baby and going to the park. (of course we don't now because of the heat!) I have a wrap I carry my daughter in, so that helps, too. My son and I started this thing, that during outside play time, he likes to chase me around on his tricicle. Haha, it's so funny. And I got Just Dance 3 for wii and I love it! My son likes to cheer me on. As far as diet goes, I didn't want to do anything dramatic. But think about everything you're eating. Don't skip breakfast. I try to make breakfast my healthest meal!! I also drink tons of water. I don't drink soda. Ever! I think something that has really helped me is, I don't eat anything after 7pm! Usually, we eat dinner at 5pm and I won't eat anything after that. So far I've lost 28lbs! Hope some of this helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It is definitely hard. Pre-baby I would work out 5-6 times a week (sweat is my sanity), a lot of times going to the gym after work. Now I just want to head home to be with DS.

Living in a city, doing lots of walking has definitely helped, and now I am trying to work out during my lunch hour 1-2 times a week with a run squeezed in over the weekend. Going from working out 5-6 times a week to 3 has definitely been an adjustment, but Id rather put in the time with my son than the dreadmill any day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"