June 2011 Moms
Options

two nights of solid sleep! (and an ear-tube related question)

Now granted, Stella has had plenty of occasions where she has slept through the night, but in the last month or two these nights have been few and far between.  The last two nights I have not heard a peep out of her until 7 a.m.  It has been wonderful!  Well...except for the fact that at 4 a.m. this morning I was wide awake because my body expected to be. 

Now the question - those of you that have had the tubes...ear plugs - what has worked for you?  I wash Stella's hair every 3-4 nights (more frequently if she decides to use her oatmeal as hair treatment) so obviously need to protect her hairs.  Oh...and an additional one...does your LO fight ear drops??  How do you combat that??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: two nights of solid sleep! (and an ear-tube related question)

• Options

Sorry no help on the ear questions...

Just wanted to say congrats on the sleep. It sucks to have sleepless nights.

~ Cassie ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

With our first ENT we started with the pliable mold stuff you can purchase at the pharmacy. They would never stay in, so we ended up being fitted at the ENT for special plugs and those never stayed in either.

When we switched ENTs the new doc said not to worry about plugs at all. With kids this age they are going to pull it out anyway regardless of what you use. If he is swimming (pool, lake, etc) we need to put drops in 2x over the course of 1 day. For baths, we do not need to worry about it as not that much water would enter the ear canal unless he goes under water. If he goes under water swimming instructions apply. We have not had an issue since following his advice.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can use the wax putty that is available at the pharmacy. Or your ENT should have Docs plugs which are sized in generic small, medium, large, etc. They usually work well if you can get the right size for your LO. Another option would be custom molded ear plugs. But those are probably overkill if you are just using them for bath time. What are you using now?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We use the ones purchased at the ENT office (they did a fitting for us while there, they come in XS, medium small, small, etc....)  we haven't had a problem with them staying in; I wash Liam's hair every night, so I put them in for every bath and whenever we go swimming.
    The Blog - Parenting: Uncensored

Photos from Libby Hilf Photography

imageimage

Jake - 1.15.08
    Liam - 5.17.11
  • Options

DH picked up these I think wax ear plugs at Rite Aid last night.  Didn't particularly care for them but since I don't wash her hair every night (I'm afraid to dry it out and I can feel the texture is changing), they worked well enough.  We have a follow up with the ENT August 6 and I will ask him at that time if there are any other options.

On a side note...I only got three straight nights of uninterrupted sleep.  Saturday night she woke up right after I went to bed.  I think perhaps she was hungry...I just can't get her to eat enough during the day...I offer her a variety and she pretty much turns her nose up at everything.  Last night (actually this morning) about 4 a.m. she woke up.  I actually hear her at least once or twice prior the 4 a.m. wake up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"