May 2011 Moms
Options

He fell asleep! PiP

Some of you may be familiar with our sleep problems (the lack of). Long story short, DS has always been a bad sleeper, mom needs sleep. So we have been trying the Sleep Lady Shuffle to get him down and stop nursing to sleep. It was sort of working until I noticed it was taking him up 2 hours to fall asleep. Someone suggested to just leave the room that I could be the distraction--since there was no crying and was falling asleep on his own. Tonight I kissed him put him in his crib and I left the room, I had to check on him a couple times to coax him to lay down. After a while I heard nothing coming from the monitor, I slowly cracked the door open...and this is what I saw...

Look how sweet and inocent he looks! That's good he fell asleep on his own, right? Then why do I feel guilty? :(

Re: He fell asleep! PiP

• Options
    dont feel guilty. it will get easier trust me. I had to the same thing. It was getting to the point where as soon as i tried to put him in his crib he would cry. I had to do my own version of ferber method. now i need to work on the bottle
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I know how you feel.  This was DD last week during nap time.  After changing her diaper, I sat her in her crib, told her I would be right back.  When I went back to check on her she was playing with her bear and quiet. I slowly backed away, not wanting her to see me.   When I didn't hear any playing or crying I went back in.  She was alseep!!  Hasn't happened since, but we are still working on it.

Congrats!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does he still sleep for you? We tried CIO and hasn't really worked dh went and picked her up lol!! I was on this board a while back but haven't posted in a while but I'm just curious? Or how long it took with the sleep lady shuffle? Thank u! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"