Natural Birth

When did you start practicing relaxation for labor?

Hypnobirthing is all about practice & Birthing from Within gives a number of exercises.

If you had natural birth in the past- just wondering- how many weeks were you when you started practicing relaxation techniques?

TTC since 1/2008
BFP 7/2009 m/c
BFP 9/2009 m/c
Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
DD born 10/2012
FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did you start practicing relaxation for labor?

• I started practicing some of the stuff from Birthing Within as soon as I read it which was before 10 weeks. Big Smile
    Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
    Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012
  • I'd love to know this too :) Looking forward to a natural labor again but really want to be prepared this time lol. 
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been trying to do so all during this pregnancy, but really got into it around 30 weeks when we took our natural childbirth classes.
    imageimage

• Started Hypnobabies home study with dd around 25 weeks and am restarting it again now. Most seem to recommend starting around 24-28 weeks. The more you do it the better it's supposed to work..but I've also read not to rush in unless you can commit to practicing most days of the week.
    Lilly & Ryan 7/4/09 --- Lelia Noelle 11/29/10 --- Aerilyn Grace 11/3/12
    imageimageimageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I started hypnobirthing at about 34 weeks.  Because of his schedule, DH was only able to practice twice.  I wrote a one page birth plan for DH to follow-key phrases for him to say, reminders, suggestions for him to make for me to follow, etc.

The relaxation techniquest that I practiced and my mind set helped me stay calm enough that even DH and I had no idea how far along in labor I was.  We got to the hospital 16 minutes before DD was born...

• Last pregnancy, as soon as I realized that the reason I was scared of labor was the hospital experience and losing control of what happened to me, I got a midwife and started reading books on natural labor techniques. This was maybe at the 2-3 month mark. I started visualizing everything the books talked about, and going through it all with my H, and the more I did this, the more confidence I had in myself. I re-read everything at 8-9 months and brought the books to the hospital, though I did not consult them, much like bringing a text book to the exam!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I started listening to Comfort in pregnancy at about 20wks. I started listening to birthing from within at about 29 weeks and reading Ina May's Guide to Chidbirth at 30wks. That is all the preperation I have done so far.

I listened to the comfort cd quite regularly, but have only been listening to the birthing one once or twice a week. I always fall asleep during them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think I was about 24 weeks when we started Bradley classes, so around then.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"