Single Parents

Uhg. Online Dating.

Why is writing an online dating profile so close to torture??

Im all for giving this a try but it seems so awkward. Or maybe Im awkward?

Let me hear you stories (and theyre all successful right!?)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Single mama - beautiful baby - learning to live

Re: Uhg. Online Dating.

• I usually lurk. I am not a single mom. I generally chime in if I have been in similar situations because I was once a single mom. In my situation I think it's safe to say online dating can be a great experience. I married an amazing guy I met from online dating. My son was 4 months when my husband came into the picture.

With online dating you just have to use your best judgement. If a guy seems sketchy then he is probably sketchy. And yes it can be awkward. My husband ended up spending the night at my house the first time we met. We were supposed to be going to the movies and out to dinner and some other things but instead he passed out from working over night the night before! So the following day we hung out the entire time and did our date then. I don't recommend this for anyone obviously but I would say this is awkward...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think online dating is supposed to be awkward.. kind of like a blind date set up by friends. You're meeting someone you've never met before with some kind of expectation that you could possibly have a romantic connection. I would agree with jnjmommy though: if he seems sketchy, if he asks weird questions or gets out of line, that's pretty much a red flag. A lot of guys use online dating for sexual encounters. Good luck though. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • ai&Jasai&Jas member

Totally awkward in the beginning but also fun and exciting. Definitely use your best judgement and go with your gut! I did online data when I first moved to Chicago and wanted to meet new people. I told the men I was meeting that I was looking to met new people and try out new restaurants and if a relationship happen to bloom then that would be a bonus. I actually did meet some cool guys who I still stay in contact with to this day! Mind you there were a handful of weird experiences, but I now have funny stories to tell.

After a few casual dates, I took time out of the dating scene and lo and behold my friend dragged me to a speed dating event, because she didnt want to go alone; and that was where I met my husband. We have our 6th year anniversary coming up in September :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"