Georgia Babies

Need your thoughts on carseat please.

We are debating between the Britax Chaperone, Britax B Safe and the Chicco Keyfit 30.  We love the safety features on the Chaperone but it seems like a beast.  What are you thoughts?

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

Re: Need your thoughts on carseat please.

• We have the chicco keyfit 30. We picked it b/c everyone around us had it. It had good safety and fit our stroller.

For us, it was kindof pointless to have. Bailey only used it 7wks, Bryce used it 11wks and it looks like Preston will be moving to the marathon 70 this weekend at 4wks. Why my boys hate that carseat so much I will never know.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we have been very happy with the Chicco Keyfit 30...baby #2 is now using it and it's been great and I like that we can use it on our regular stroller (city mini).

I will say though that we have the Britax Marathon convertible car seat in both cars for DD#1 and they are great, we would buy another Britax seat in a heartbeat so I would assume their infant seats are good too.

• Loading the player...
  • I used Graco both times.  However, for Isaac I wished more than once I had bought the higher weight seat so he could use it longer.  If you are planning to have more than one get one that has a higher weight limit bc the carrier is worth its weight in gold (and its HEAVY) when you have more than one.  JMO.
  • We used the Chicco Keyfit with Matthew and loved it, used it up until he almost a year old.  We have to have 2 carseats due to not being able to leave a carseat at daycare, so just recently purchsed the B Safe as the second seat.  Seems very similar to the Keyfit, but we haven't used it yet. 
  • Ditto about the higher weight limit.  But also think about how heavy of a baby you can physically carry in the "baby bucket."  Just because it goes up to that limit doesn't mean that you'll want to carry that much baby.

P was pushing 20 lbs when we moved him out of his and although he still fit in his seat I just could not carry it my myself without looking like I walked out of a V8 commercial.  We had a maxi cosi mico.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageyellowtulips80:

Ditto about the higher weight limit.  But also think about how heavy of a baby you can physically carry in the "baby bucket."  Just because it goes up to that limit doesn't mean that you'll want to carry that much baby.

P was pushing 20 lbs when we moved him out of his and although he still fit in his seat I just could not carry it my myself without looking like I walked out of a V8 commercial.  We had a maxi cosi mico.

but the thing with this is, you don't have to actually carry a baby in it even if it goes to 35 pounds.  We used graco snugrides and for Kellen we upgraded to the 35 pounds so we could use it longer (best investment ever, wish we had done it with riley) but I NEVER carried that thing around.  I ALWAYS used the snap n go and never understood why I always saw other people hauling those carriers around.  they are heavy as hell even with an 8 pound baby in it!  I know you're getting a snap n go, so use it, like all the time.  into the dr office, etc.  don't ever carry that effing thing around.  :)

• lrn327lrn327 member
    We had the Keyfit 30 and it was great!  A friend had the Chaperone and she definitely said it was a bear to carry around, but we do love, love, love our Britax Blvds.  I guess the B Safe is newer?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehthomas02:
    imageyellowtulips80:

Ditto about the higher weight limit.  But also think about how heavy of a baby you can physically carry in the "baby bucket."  Just because it goes up to that limit doesn't mean that you'll want to carry that much baby.

but the thing with this is, you don't have to actually carry a baby in it even if it goes to 35 pounds.  We used graco snugrides and for Kellen we upgraded to the 35 pounds so we could use it longer (best investment ever, wish we had done it with riley) but I NEVER carried that thing around.  I ALWAYS used the snap n go and never understood why I always saw other people hauling those carriers around.  they are heavy as hell even with an 8 pound baby in it!  I know you're getting a snap n go, so use it, like all the time.  into the dr office, etc.  don't ever carry that effing thing around.  :)

We have the graco snugride (used it with max) and the snap n go.  I never carry the infant seat, it is way to heavy and I can barely get it in the car.  I use the snap and go wherever I go.   It is so much easier! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ditto everything Heather stated.  We got the bigger graco one from the beginning.  I cry the day we have to transfer because that means no more snap n go 

imagehthomas02:
    imageyellowtulips80:

• imagesigkapbride:

ditto everything Heather stated.  We got the bigger graco one from the beginning.  I cry the day we have to transfer because that means no more snap n go 

imagehthomas02:
    imageyellowtulips80:

THIS EXACTLY!! I have the graco snugride and snug-rider snap n' go frame. I do not carry this seat anywhere. I always snap it into the stroller frame. We upgraded our seat to the 32 or 35 I forget which. I will cry the day I have to move B to a convertible seat.  I also have an Inglesina zippy stroller which holds the snugride and that has been helpful b/c the stroller reclines and I have a place to change the baby on the fly. I was at catch air the other day with C and was able to use this setup to change B so that I didn't have to loose sight of C. 

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsL1022:
    imagesigkapbride:

ditto everything Heather stated.  We got the bigger graco one from the beginning.  I cry the day we have to transfer because that means no more snap n go 

imagehthomas02:
    imageyellowtulips80:

THIS EXACTLY!! I have the graco snugride and snug-rider snap n' go frame. I do not carry this seat anywhere. I always snap it into the stroller frame. We upgraded our seat to the 32 or 35 I forget which. I will cry the day I have to move B to a convertible seat.  I also have an Inglesina zippy stroller which holds the snugride and that has been helpful b/c the stroller reclines and I have a place to change the baby on the fly. I was at catch air the other day with C and was able to use this setup to change B so that I didn't have to loose sight of C. 

ALL this.  Go for higher weight limit on the seat- both my babies LOVED the infant seat and I cried when they outgrew it.  Sophie still climbs in her cousins infant seat everytime we see them.  If they made toddler sized infant seats- we would own one!  Bigger seat plus snap n go is the way to go.   I much preferred my chicco over my graco.  Easier install plus the clips were easier to use.  Better quality all around.

• Totally agree with all this.  Mia was so short and small that she used it well after turning 1 y.o. and it was such a breeze to use it between cars and plane trips.  I really miss using our Chico!

imageslwprincess:
    imageMrsL1022:
    imagesigkapbride:

imagehthomas02:
    imageyellowtulips80:

ALL this.  Go for higher weight limit on the seat- both my babies LOVED the infant seat and I cried when they outgrew it.  Sophie still climbs in her cousins infant seat everytime we see them.  If they made toddler sized infant seats- we would own one!  Bigger seat plus snap n go is the way to go.   I much preferred my chicco over my graco.  Easier install plus the clips were easier to use.  Better quality all around.

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So jealous of all of you who had kids that actually would stay in the infant seat. None of my boys liked that seat at all. The screaming was horrible whether in the car or in it in hte stroller.  We just put our marathon 70 in the car for Preston b/c of the screaming. I mainly use hte baby k'tan when out.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageDaisy22:

So jealous of all of you who had kids that actually would stay in the infant seat. None of my boys liked that seat at all. The screaming was horrible whether in the car or in it in hte stroller.  We just put our marathon 70 in the car for Preston b/c of the screaming. I mainly use hte baby k'tan when out.

• One thing to check though is if they are compatible with BOB. We had the Chico and it wasn't compatible so we had to rig it a lil :)
  • imagehthomas02:
    imageyellowtulips80:

I love you Heather.  You crack me up!  Big Smile  i don't plan to ever carry the effing thing around!!!  Never would have known about the snap n go without y'all.

Thanks for all the advice!

After 6 long years of TTC and a traumatic birth... I finally got to hold my baby in my arms!

'Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.'Psalm 37:4

2006 start TTC

2007 Start w/ RE (Endo and MFI previous marriage)/ 2008 Vericocele surgery/3 clomid cycles
    2009 Lap removed stage III endo/ 2 failed IUI/ Divorce

2011 Remarried
    October 2011 Dx: Endo & DOR/ November 2011- clomid & TI cycle
    January 2012 IVF~  Flare protocol 10 ER/ 9 mature fertilized with ICSI/ ET- 2 Grade A Blasts/ 4 frozen= BFN
    Febuary 2012- -Endo Biopsy/  MTHFR diagnosis
    March 8- FET 2 grade A blasts= BFP!!!!

November 2012-  Charles was born by emergency C-Section

Dealing with:
    Stage III Endo/ DOR/ MTHFR two mutations C677T & A1298C

Currently TTC #2  FET planned January 2014

• imagedonna&ed:
    One thing to check though is if they are compatible with BOB. We had the Chico and it wasn't compatible so we had to rig it a lil :)

We had to rig ours too but now they have an infant seat adapter for the chicco

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"