January 2013 Moms
Options

14 weeks, light brown discharge

Hi ladies,

A week ago I had some spotting and went to the doctor. Was told it was a temporary problem, a small part of the placenta is covering the cervix. There must have been some sort of strain or stress and it caused some very light, one-time bleeding. Yesterday I had a very small amount of pink discharge. Picked up the what to expect book and read that it was fine. Today I've had small amounts of light brown discharge throughout the day. I put a call in to the doctor and (since it was the end of the day) will receive a call back tomorrow. Came home from work, went to the bathroom and wiped away more light brown discharge. I'm not cramping, there's no red blood- is this normal/common?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 14 weeks, light brown discharge

• Options
    I'm no DR but I've always been told brown blood is just old blood working itself out. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    DJ1845DJ1845 member
    From what I've read, most doctors say that alarm should come when it's red and fills up a pad. This is my first pregnancy and I had a low symptom first trimester. Any sort of spotting makes me worry. Oy vey.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be the remaining spotting working its way out, especially if it's brown. I had something similar this past weekend - minimal spotting at 13 weeks from something that happened at 8 weeks. It may still be worthwhile to call your doctor for reassurance, but as there's no red and no cramping, you should be just fine. Take care!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hi  im new to this. I just wanted to tell you my story I am 15 weeks.on july 4th. i started bleeding a light brown discharge. i  went to the er and i was told that i had sch .needless to say i have been on bed rest since the 4th. my problem is pretty serious and i have never had red blood or filled a pad.i  guess i should mention my baby is happy and healthy. my advice is to go to the er any time your uncomfortable and cant get your doctor. good luck to you and your baby. god bless
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

imagelala62908:
    hi  im new to this. I just wanted to tell you my story I am 15 weeks.on july 4th. i started bleeding a light brown discharge. i  went to the er and i was told that i had sch .needless to say i have been on bed rest since the 4th. my problem is pretty serious and i have never had red blood or filled a pad.i  guess i should mention my baby is happy and healthy. my advice is to go to the er any time your uncomfortable and cant get your doctor. good luck to you and your baby. god bless

What is sch?

• Options
    I've been having some brown spotting the past few days.  I was checked by my doctor and had an u/s today and they couldn't find the cause of the spotting but they were not concerned.  Brown is old blood, not active bleeding, as pp said.  However, I did have to get the rhogam shot since I am rh negative. You may want to check into that if you are neg. 
  • Options

imageDJ1845:
    From what I've read, most doctors say that alarm should come when it's red and fills up a pad. This is my first pregnancy and I had a low symptom first trimester. Any sort of spotting makes me worry. Oy vey.

This. I had bright red blood one Sunday morning the tapered off throughout the day, ended up going to the ER and everything was okay. When I followed up with my OB the next day she said there's several minor reasons why bleeding might happen throughout a pregnancy & not to worry unless you are filling up more than a pad an hour. GL!

imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • Options

sorry i should have explained sch stands for subchorionic hematoma.their is blood between the inner wall of the uterus and outer wall of the placenta.i a high risk pt now this is my 3rd pregnancy i have a beautiful 4 year old son  and my 2nd   pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. now this pregnancy im on bed rest.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for clarifying.  Sorry about your previous mc.  Take care!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"