Military Families

TDAP question

Does anyone know if the army gives the TDAP to all their soldiers? I tried to ask DH if he knew if he was vaccinated for pertussis and he didn't know. He said they just get a load of vaccinations before deployment and he doesn't keep track of what they all are. Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: TDAP question

• My H is in the Army and he has not received the TDAP.  He will be getting it soon, but it is not something that he was automatically given.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are navy, and hubby is on a ship, he just had to ask for a referral from the ship (since its not something they do normally), then went to the hospital got the shot and was on his way in no time!

Just have him ask to get a booster, even if he has it already it cant hurt to have a more recent one!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I think it depends. DH was given one because it had been more than 10 years since his last tetanus. He didn't have to ask. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH is Navy and from what I can figure out he has not been given the TDAP vaccine and so we will be asking his doc about him getting it.
    Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hubby is Army, he just went in for his physical and got a booster while he was there. I believe you need a booster every 10 years and his was due. If they aren't telling him to get it, just have him ask for it and they should do it no problem.

• It is called a shot record. Have him pick up a copy. It is fast and easy to do. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"