November 2012 Moms

**FFFC**

Re: **FFFC**

• I'll get the ball rolling....

I let DD1 have McDonald's three times this week. I really just didn't want to deal with her whining for it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Man, I had one on Wednesday but I forgot to write it down and now I don't remember Sad I really need to start a post-it note for these suckers!
    Please pardon any typos -- I'm typically bumping from my phone
    V|V TSP V|V
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    * Lindsay Chase is going to be a big brother in August! *
  • Loading the player...
  • Bump Burp
    Please pardon any typos -- I'm typically bumping from my phone
    V|V TSP V|V
    imageimageimage
    * Lindsay Chase is going to be a big brother in August! *
  • I've been on vacation this last week - I think I lived on seafood and ice cream. I'm going to have to reacquaint myself with fruit :)
  • I avoid my co-workers like the plague.  I'm a friendly person, and I do genuinely like the people I work with.  But I just don't have it in me to socialize with them any more than I have to. 

My office is close to the kitchen, and I'll wait until I don't hear anyone in there to go in.  If I'm walking somewhere and someone comes up alongside me, I'll take a detour to avoid having to walk and talk with them for too long.  Same thing walking in from the train; if I see one of them, I'll cross the street, speed-up, slow down, whatever to avoid walking with them.  When we have office lunches, I'll wait until the crowd dies down, grab a plate and go back to my desk. 

The worst is when I get in the elevator with someone, I hate it!!  There's no way out of it. 

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageFloridaLady:
    Man, I had one on Wednesday but I forgot to write it down and now I don't remember Sad I really need to start a post-it note for these suckers!

Story of my life. lol. I feel like I can't remember anything these days.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So I reached out to my SIL... again.  Trying to bury this ridiculous hatchet.  Still no a word from her.  I invited her to DD's bday party, as I was instructed by my mother.  Truth be told, I did it more for my brother's sake than hers.  I daydream about b!tch slapping her when she walks in the door or making it really awkward for her since EVERYONE in attendance knows about the argument. 

PS- They all know because SHE told them, not me.  I think she was trying to get our families to "pick sides".  I'm blood b!tch.  I win. End of story.

PPS- I feel really snarky today, per above statement.  I may need a time out.

• imageCandaceLeigh:

So I reached out to my SIL... again.  Trying to bury this ridiculous hatchet.  Still no a word from her.  I invited her to DD's bday party, as I was instructed by my mother.  Truth be told, I did it more for my brother's sake than hers.  I daydream about b!tch slapping her when she walks in the door or making it really awkward for her since EVERYONE in attendance knows about the argument. 

PS- They all know because SHE told them, not me.  I think she was trying to get our families to "pick sides".  I'm blood b!tch.  I win. End of story.

I'm blood b!itch!!!! Bwahahahahaha!!!! Best thing I've heard in awhile!!!  

• imageCandaceLeigh:

So I reached out to my SIL... again.  Trying to bury this ridiculous hatchet.  Still no a word from her.  I invited her to DD's bday party, as I was instructed by my mother.  Truth be told, I did it more for my brother's sake than hers.  I daydream about b!tch slapping her when she walks in the door or making it really awkward for her since EVERYONE in attendance knows about the argument. 

Ha! You do win missy, that got a genuine LOL.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Does this stand for Flame Free Friday Confession?
  • Gotcha - just wanted to make sure I knew what it stood for (though I have been reading them for months now so I had an idea...)

*Gasp* I have not been drinking enough water.  I mean to drink, I really do.  But it has been a steady drop off of my fluid intact (with the exception of the scorching 100+ days) but those require more fluids regardless of pregnancy.  I love my LO but why couldn't ice cream count towards my fluid intake...

I know I'm boring.

• I confess that I am currently PO'd at my H for a several valid reasons, and I've been avoiding him - due to the overwhelming urge to punch him in the face.  I know that my hormones are making it worse but I really can't seem to find a way to care.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am a drama llama today.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagepishytish:

*Gasp* I have not been drinking enough water.  I mean to drink, I really do.  But it has been a steady drop off of my fluid intact (with the exception of the scorching 100+ days) but those require more fluids regardless of pregnancy.  I love my LO but why couldn't ice cream count towards my fluid intake...

I know I'm boring.

Me too!! I swear I'm like a child. Why don't I just drink the damn water???  

• imageMandJS:

imageDelBride2012:
    I am a drama llama today.

Baby llama what a tizzy! Sometimes, mama's very busy. Please stop all this LLAMA DRAMA and be PATIENT for your mama. 

Where is that from? SO CUTE!

• imageJenLa21:
    imagepishytish:

I know I'm boring.

Me too!! I swear I'm like a child. Why don't I just drink the damn water???  

Same here! Why can't we be told to drink as much Coke as we can while pregnant?? I could easily do that!  

• Ok, I will play.

I find it weird when someone who never (or hardly ever) posts on our BMB posts something wanting us to all squee or gasp.

I also find it weird when posters have no identifiable picture or siggy- how is anyone supposed to recognize you or get to know you?

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I drink alcohol during pregnancy! In fact, since my BFP, I have had upward of a dozen servings of alcohol.

And they were all delicious.
  • imageBarooGirl:

Ok, I will play.

I find it weird when someone who never (or hardly ever) posts on our BMB posts something wanting us to all squee or gasp.

I also find it weird when posters have no identifiable picture or siggy- how is anyone supposed to recognize you or get to know you?

:( I dunno how to change either

• I know I'm not a huge poster but I had to join in today. For breakfast I had a donut and a bagel with cream cheese, followed shortly thereafter by a PB and fluff sandwich and a fully caffeinated coke (gasp) aaand a king size reese?s sticks. All the while, my watermelon and yogurt are going bad in my lunch bag. *Sigh* Guess its salad for dinner.
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm confessing that I'm currently side-eyeing the woman who confessed that she's had at least a dozen drinks this pregnancy.....
  • I confess that all this talk about drinking today (on this board and others) has sure got me worried that DH will come home from work tonight and I'll be all like:

You know the whole

• imageMandJS:

imageLovely Lauren:
    I'm confessing that I'm currently side-eyeing the woman who confessed that she's had at least a dozen drinks this pregnancy.....

I'm not. To the contrary, in fact. I'm anticipating that by the end of my trip next week, I'll be at that count as well. 

That's just crazy to me....but to each their own.  

• imageLovely Lauren:
    imageMandJS:

imageLovely Lauren:
    I'm confessing that I'm currently side-eyeing the woman who confessed that she's had at least a dozen drinks this pregnancy.....

I'm not. To the contrary, in fact. I'm anticipating that by the end of my trip next week, I'll be at that count as well. 

Less than a drink a week is crazy?

• imageBarooGirl:

Ok, I will play.

Not that I post a lot, but I know what you mean. When I see some dramatic post that expects some kind of crazy reaction from everyone by someone that has like 10 posts, I usually just assume is MUD. Which is entertaining sometimes, but lately it's been a little blah. Like the girl on first tri who is getting her fetus pregnant. Just kidding, I completely LOLed at that one Wink

V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageDelBride2012:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageMandJS:

imageLovely Lauren:

IMO, (key phrase...IMO) yes. Let's just say I haven't had a drink since ovulation week the month I got pregnant. But I'm sure there's plenty I do that might seem crazy to you. I personally, was maybe a one drink/month-er before I ever even got pregnant...so it's obviously a difference in lifestyle. That doesn't make me "right" it's just my opinion.  

• imageLovely Lauren:
    imageDelBride2012:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageMandJS:

imageLovely Lauren:

IMO, (key phrase...IMO) yes. Let's just say I haven't had a drink since ovulation week the month I got pregnant. But I'm sure there's plenty I do that might seem crazy to you. I personally, was maybe a one drink/month-er before I ever even got pregnant...so it's obviously a difference in lifestyle. That doesn't make me "right" it's just my opinion.  

That may be your key phrase here, but she may be bringing it back up because she was the one you "side eyed" for drinking... so you can't say IMO, but also admit to side eyeing what others do.

Of course, this is all IMO.

• Hey, if I were a once-a-month wine sipper, I might feel the same way. As it is, we had a household liquor budget that would only look sane to a Mad Men fan, so... well, from my perspective, one drink a month sounds like utter insanity.
  • imagerachael_c26:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageDelBride2012:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageMandJS:

imageLovely Lauren:

That may be your key phrase here, but she may be bringing it back up because she was the one you "side eyed" for drinking... so you can't say IMO, but also admit to side eyeing what others do.

People "side eye" others based solely on opinions. If you see a morbidly obese person puling through McDonalds and you side eye them about it, thats based on your opinion that they shouldn't be doing that. Same if you see someone who spanks their kids and you don't agree with spanking. That's based on nothing but your opinion. I absolutely can say that my side-eye was opinion based. As are all of my side eyes towards anybody. Why else would you ever side eye somebody if you didn't have an opinion about it??

• imageMandJS:

imageDelBride2012:
    Hey, if I were a once-a-month wine sipper, I might feel the same way. As it is, we had a household liquor budget that would only look sane to a Mad Men fan, so... well, from my perspective, one drink a month sounds like utter insanity.

We have about 400 bottles of wine in our house at any given time, and easily go through 2-3 bottles a week when I'm not pregnant. Sometimes more.  

I definitely agree that it is a HUGE variance of lifestyles to begin with. I think if i were having a drink a week people who know me well would wonder if I were doing ok. Like I said, its all a matter of opinion. I'm sure there are people who read my original confession and think I'm such an awful person for letting my daughter have McDonalds three times in one week and side eyed me for it, where as to me...its really not that big of a deal. 

• imageMandJS:

imageDelBride2012:
    Hey, if I were a once-a-month wine sipper, I might feel the same way. As it is, we had a household liquor budget that would only look sane to a Mad Men fan, so... well, from my perspective, one drink a month sounds like utter insanity.

We have about 400 bottles of wine in our house at any given time, and easily go through 2-3 bottles a week when I'm not pregnant. Sometimes more.  

We're more of a hard liquor house and have a well-stocked bar that gets replenished, uh, often. But we entertain at least once a week, and often more, so it's not just us. Since my BFP though it's been wine & beer only though.

• imageLovely Lauren:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageDelBride2012:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageMandJS:

imageLovely Lauren:

People "side eye" others based solely on opinions. If you see a morbidly obese person puling through McDonalds and you side eye them about it, thats based on your opinion that they shouldn't be doing that. Same if you see someone who spanks their kids and you don't agree with spanking. That's based on nothing but your opinion. I absolutely can say that my side-eye was opinion based. As are all of my side eyes towards anybody. Why else would you ever side eye somebody if you didn't have an opinion about it??

I don't really care that you side eyed her for her drinking... I also think everyone else's actions is none of my business. But yes, you would be right, side eye= reaction based on opinion. I guess what irked me was your reiteration of IMO. She had the right to come back and question your comment, and to put so much emphasis on your "key phrase" sounded hostile...You know, the whole internet and not being able to tell tones, etc?? It didn't come off well...

• imagerachael_c26:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageDelBride2012:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageMandJS:

imageLovely Lauren:

I don't really care that you side eyed her for her drinking... I also think everyone else's actions is none of my business. But yes, you would be right, side eye= reaction based on opinion. I guess what irked me was your reiteration of IMO. She had the right to come back and question your comment, and to put so much emphasis on your "key phrase" sounded hostile...You know, the whole internet and not being able to tell tones, etc?? It didn't come off well...

If anything, I said it for the opposite effect. I thought it was pertinent to be made clear that this is nothing but an opinion. She absolutely had the right to ask me about it, and I responded accordingly. I have the understanding that anything I say on the internet may or may not solicit responses from other stating their opinions. 

• milescmilesc member
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageDelBride2012:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageMandJS:

imageLovely Lauren:

If anything, I said it for the opposite effect. I thought it was pertinent to be made clear that this is nothing but an opinion. She absolutely had the right to ask me about it, and I responded accordingly. I have the understanding that anything I say on the internet may or may not solicit responses from other stating their opinions. 

Quotes that are a mile and a half long bother me.

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Had what I have decided to refer to as a PHAT (Pregnant, Hungry And Tempted) moment on Monday. I was on my way home from running errands and was really hungry. I decided I was going to stop at In n Out on my way home for lunch, but then saw a McDonalds and thought a drink is only a dollar there so I will go there for a drink. Well, I ended up getting 2 apple pies along with my drink. (been a craving) and proceeded to shove them in my face before I got to In n Out two streets down. And they were delicious! So was my burger and milkshake.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imageMandJS:
    imagemilesc:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imagerachael_c26:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageDelBride2012:
    imageLovely Lauren:
    imageMandJS:

imageLovely Lauren:

Quotes that are a mile and a half long bother me.

Yeah, but skinny quotes!

J/K. They annoy me too. 

Oooooh, come on, yousa guisse... they aren't that baddd.

(They actually don't bother me until they get really skinny. Before then, I kind of like them *Confession #1)

Confession #2: When I try to do kegels, about 75% of the time, they make me need to go Big Potty... Embarrassed I'm still fairly certain I do them "wrong".

• After a long day of arguing about alcohol during pregnancy, I am enjoying a glass of Chardonnay right now. 
  • I read another post that it's irritating when new girls on the forum post. And i say it is your right to be irritated. Sometimes I feel irritated with MYSELF for not knowing how these darn things run haha. Stick out tongue

My confession is that I don't understand how these message boards work and i am not ashamed! All of the abbreviations are confusing if you don't know what they mean. isn't there a glossary for the newbs?! haha. and I wish i knew how to beef up my signature, because I would if I knew. I get by, but I'm no computer whiz.

I come to these forums because it is absolutely wonderful to read about what other women are going through so i don't feel so alone in this. I live with my boyfriend but I have very few friends in this tiny town, even fewer since I found out I was pregnant and quit bartending/ going out for drinks. I'm 23 and it's my first baby. Naturally, I have no idea if  some of the symptoms I feel are normal so it is a great comfort to have a place to read what some of you are experiencing or have experienced before. I have about a million baby/ pregnancy books but it doesn't compare to real women with real issues. Big Smile

I will continue to visit this board with my head high!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"