Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

how long between pulling up and walking?

Hello, I'm lurking from 6-9mo board.

just wondering whats the average time frame between LO pulling self up to stand and full blown walking.

My DD has been pulling up on everything and anything for about 2-3weeks now. She is getting riskier and riskier by the minute. She does the whole drunken shuffle from one close object to another. She will let go and stand for a hand full of seconds and when she starts to fall she will try to catch her balance.. She walks wonderfully assisted by my hands and just started walking with a lawn mower walker thing, She'll take off walking but I have to follow her because she eventually looses her footing and falls or the thing starts hauling butt and she cant catch up.

Anyways, Do you remember how long between pulling self up/standing  and walking was? I'm not trying to rush her or anything, I just have a strong feeling its going to sneak up on us soon and we wont be prepared .

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how long between pulling up and walking?

• Options

If you mean just pulling up on furniture/standing with assistance, then it can be months. DS figured out how to pull himself up in March (maybe earlier, but definitely was doing it in March) and has yet to walk.

But he has little interest in walking, so I don't expect him to do it anytime soon. It sounds like yours wants to walk, though, so maybe you won't have to wait so long.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

DS has been pulling up to standing since about 7-7.5m and isn't walking yet. He's 10.5m now.

ETA: I don't think pulling up is any indication of when they will walk.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    around the time he crawled 7 months he was pulling to stand and didn't walk until 10 months. 
  • Options
    My DS is the same as everyone else's he has been pulling up for about 2-3 months now.  He has just started standing unassisted and trying to walk but just falls flat on his face when he lifts up one foot.  He has been able to walk with assistance before pulling up as well.  I agree, I don't think pulling up is much of an indication.
  • Options
    DS has been pulling up and cruising since he was 8 months. He's now walking fairly well at just under a year. Take one or two steps at a time happened around July 4th and now we're going 10-15 steps and turning without issue. I think he'll have it down by his birthday. It seems to be progressing very quickly once it starts lol
  • Options

imageLeinistar:
    DS has been pulling up and cruising since he was 8 months. He's now walking fairly well at just under a year. Take one or two steps at a time happened around July 4th and now we're going 10-15 steps and turning without issue. I think he'll have it down by his birthday. It seems to be progressing very quickly once it starts lol

Your signature pic is SO cute!

And thanks for answering this I was wondering the same thing. My LO learned how to crawl, pull up, and cruise all on the same day around. 9.5 months.  I'm still wondering when he will take that first step! 

Air Force Wife and proud SAHM to baby E, TTC #2 while BFing Uploaded with Snapbucket
  • Options
    My LO started pulling up on furniture around 8m, standing unassisted at 9m, now at almost 12m she's just now starting to take a couple wobbly steps here and there, definitely not anything I could consider walking yet, and I don't have a lot of faith it'll be happening by her bday but maybe in another month or so. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DD1 pulled to standing and started cruising on furniture within days of each other when she was about 8 months. She did not stand unassisted until at least 10 or 11 months, and didn't take her first steps until one week after her first birthday.

DD2 has been pulling up since 7 months and just started cruising/walking holding our hands in the last 2-3 weeks. She has been standing unassisted for short periods of time (up to about 2 minutes now), but if we try to encourage her to walk without holding something she drops and crawls. I think there's a decent chance she'll take her first steps by her birthday, but who knows.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD started pulling up on furniture when she was about 9 mos. She started walking about 10 mos. Now she is moving so well and she seems like she is almost running to catch up to her brother. On the other hand, DS started pulling up much later. Maybe about 13 mos, but he was starting to walk when he was 14 mos, 1 wk before his sister arrived. They are unstoppable once they start walking!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    beats me. my girls have been cruising for 2 months now.
  • Options

A long time.  My LO has been pulling himself up since he was 7 months old.  He is now 11 months old and does not walk by himself yet.

• Options
    DS1 pulled up at 9m and didn't walk until 13m... so it could be awhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"