August 2011 Moms
Options

Does your LO call you "mama" yet?

So does your LO call you mama, or mommy, or whatever you call yourself?  I thought by now DD would be calling me by my name (I usually call myself mama), but she hasn't yet.  For example, my girlfriend says her LO has been calling her ("ma, ma, ma!") from his crib in the morning for months.  DD doesn't do that yet, although sometimes if DH asks her, "Leah, where's mama?" she will point or look at me.  Not every time, but sometimes. Oh, I should add that she does say mama, but just not to me.  Not concerned, just curious.  :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does your LO call you "mama" yet?

• Options
    Michaela looked at me yesterday, touched my nose and said "Mama". That was the first time she said mama to me. She has been babbling it for months. She will look at me if someone says where's momma.
  • Options
    Yes.  He calls me Mama.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope. Sometimes she starts with "mmmmmm" and that's it. She calls dh dadda all.of.the.time. Like pp, she will look at me if dh or someone will ask where's mamma.
  • Options
    He will crawl over me saying "mama mommieeeee" but I wouldn't say that he actually calls out to me "by name."
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    mine both don't :( They say "dada DADA" all friggin day and DH loves it but no "mama" at all yet
    4thofJuly2012-cpd
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    after 10 weeks of bedrest for contractions and shorting cvx they arrived at 32 weeks!
  • Options
    Randomly.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    Nope, she doesn't call me mamma.  She can say momma and dadda but she doesn't call us that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options

After spending the last 2 weeks with LO (we were on "vacation") the hubs and I feel like we've deciphered LO's communication.  He will happily crawl around saying dadadadada over and over if he is having fun.  However, if he is hungry, upset or wants something he will whine mamamamama.

The only time he ever looked at one of us and said "da da" clear as day is when he was talking to me.  Go figure.  He also used to yell baaaaaaaaaaaa whenever he wanted me.  Awesome.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Options
    L calls me Ma <3 when he sees me or wants me he calls for me and he is now trying to say Da and Pa to his Daddy :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

DD has said, "Ma ma ma" for a while now.  However, I recently realized that she only says it at mealtimes.  When she wants MORE.  Duh. 

So no.  But she says "Da da" all day long.  And I'm fairly certain she is actually talking about him.

• Options
    I've been wondering about this recently! P doesn't associate either me or DH with mama or dada. She will say the words randomly but never like to us. She does however say uh-oh, wow, dog, and has recently tried to say pretty. And she waves bye-bye but doesn't say that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    LJR 84LJR 84 member
    Yes...mostly when he's upset!
  • Options
    No mama yet, but he says dadadadada all the time, even when XH isn't around.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of your responses so far!  These LOs are so funny sometimes.  :)
  • Options
    Yep.  She calls me Mama and she calls my husband Daddy.  I'm trying to get her to say Mommy, but she continues to say Mama. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope he says "da da" all day long, and he used to say mama, but he dropped it when he was learning to crawl and then walk.  Mama is slowly starting to come back, and he's adding other sounds to his vocabulary.  The only word that he says that I KNOW he understands is "Ut Oh"  LOL he says it all the time, and will intentionally drop something just so he can say it. 
  • Options
    Oh yeah.  Especially when he's hungry..."Mamamamamamamamama...."
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsNole:
    Nope, she doesn't call me mamma.  She can say momma and dadda but she doesn't call us that.

Us, too. We even try playing "where's mommy?" and "where's daddy?" She just laughs and looks around the room...She does understand "where's teddy?" though, so I know she gets the question, she just doesn't understand we are mommy and daddy.

nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsSkull1107:

Yup. She loves to call for me. And when she's upset, I get to hear a very whiney "Ma-ma!". She says Dada too but isn't as consistent with saying it to DH.  

This exactly.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Like twice.  She's got daddy down.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD says the "mama" and "dada" sounds but not directed at us yet. She does not seem to have any interest. However, if I point to something and say the vocabulary word, she sometimes will say the first sound. Like, if I point to the dog and say "DOGGIE" she will say "dah!" Or, if I point to a book and say "BOOK!" she will say "bah!" but that's sporadically. She waves bye bye randomly too. That's about the extent of her interest.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageeatmorecupcakes:

After spending the last 2 weeks with LO (we were on "vacation") the hubs and I feel like we've deciphered LO's communication.  He will happily crawl around saying dadadadada over and over if he is having fun.  However, if he is hungry, upset or wants something he will whine mamamamama.

Yes! This is what our DS does too! 

• Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"