Special Needs
Options

Sweat test

A little history - DS is an ex-26 weeker with CLD and major feeding issues. We're getting through the feeding issues, but his lungs are not catching up very well. His pulmonology docs want a sweat test to test for Cystic Fibrosis. We haven't been able to get in to genetics to do blood tests first, but we're going early next week. 

The sweat test is tomorrow. What to expect?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sweat test

• Options

It is super easy.  They clean the skin apply a disc to catch the sweat and you wait for about 30-45 mind and then they test the level of salt.

I brought a really heavy blanket to help my daughter sweat more. No needles no pain. We got the results with in 24 hrs. My daughter has had the test twice. (first time she did sweat enough)

Also it is a good thing that you are getting genetics done. My daughters sweat test was borderline but the genetics came back positive. 

• Options

Also don't google CF. there is a lot of out of date information on the Internet. Go to CFF.org if you want to read Anything.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Sam hated the test. He cried and screamed through the whole thing, but in the end, it was ok. His result came back negative. While I am THRILLED that CF is crossed off our long list of possible diagnosis', we're still without resolution for all of his breathing issues. 

Thank you for all your help!

• Options
    Glad to hear it was negative. Do you know what his numbers were? Good luck finding out what is going on.
  • Options

imageCagleBaby:
    Glad to hear it was negative. Do you know what his numbers were? Good luck finding out what is going on.

We're meeting with them next week to get all the info and run some blood tests. He was so upset, we left and waited for the results by phone. 

• Options
    Sorry he was so upset. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"