March 2012 Moms
Options

? for those with IUD (TMI)

On June 29th I had the IUD put in.  I bled for three days afterwards and then quit...for 1 day.  I assumed when I started bleeding again on July 4th that this was my period.  It was time for me to start.  Only I haven't ever stopped bleeding.  Once I started again on the 4th it was really heavy for 4 or 5 days and since then its been a light period but enough that I still need a tampon or pad.  I called the dr's office and spoke with a nurse who informed me that this was normal, my body was just adjusting and getting use to the IUD.  Today marks 2 weeks exactly that I have been on my period.  Did anyone else experience this or have any advice?

Re: ? for those with IUD (TMI)

• Options
    I had one before I had the baby and, in my experience, I NEVER stopped bleeding. It would get lighter and heavier but it never absolutely completely went away for longer than a day or two. I really tried to give my body time to adjust but after 9 months, I gave up and it had it removed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I got mine on May 31st and I still get a little bleeding. But it's not much at all. Just a little here and there. Its not like a bunch. Normally just when I wipe or something (sorry-TMI).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The heavy days were probably your period and the light days since then are probably the "normal spotting."  I know it's a pain, but hang in there.  It should get better.  I love my IUD, but everyone's body reacts differently.  Hope it works out for you.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would say it's completely in the realm of normal.  Everyone is going to react differently.  With my first IUD, I had no spotting, one period and then not a single one until it was removed 3 years later.  This time, I had it inserted on a Friday and a week later, I started my period/spotted.  It's been 2 weeks and I occasionally spot pretty heavily but was told it was normal and it could take a couple months for my body to adjust.

• Options
    I was told you can have random bleeding for about 3 months, I got mine april 26th and I still wear a panty liner every day. Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kel716kel716 member

I had mine inserted on July 2nd, and I am still having some spotting.  I'm EBFing, so I haven't seen AF yet. 

This is my 2nd Mirena.  With my first iud, I spotted for about 6 mos and then stopped bleeding altogether.  Most of the time, the bleeding was just something to wipe away...sometimes I used a pantiliner. 

Have you gone for your follow up to get it checked yet?  You could ask about it then...but I think it's pretty normal. 

• Options
    Hi all, I am new to posting and am a 2nd time mommy of boys: 12yr old and 4month,1 week,and 3days old. i know its a BIG GAP!!! Anyway, I got mine June 25th and other than light cramping and spotting for 3 days, I have not seen spotting or a period.  i also did not get my period after I stopped bleeding from birth back in early March.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"