Dads & Dads-to-be

2nd Anniversary For Us This Sunday!!

So our 2nd anniversary is coming up and I am at a loss.  I do not want to go the way of flowers, and I would like to go traditional.  The only problem with that is that cotton is the gift for the 2nd anniversary.

COTTON!!!!!!

I really need some input here, guys.  I know we are not making it a big deal with all of the money we are throwing at getting ready for the baby, but I would like to make it special.  I already have a dinner reservation for the weekend, but I want to add a little bit more.

Cotton....seriously!

Re: 2nd Anniversary For Us This Sunday!!

• I was thinking the same thing! We just had our 2nd anniversary yesterday, and leading up to it, I kept thinking "What the hell can I get her that's cotton?" I thought maybe clothes or something, but even she said not to do that, since she's in the middle of losing the post-baby weight. So all I did was write her a card and take her to dinner and a movie. It was our first time alone without the baby, and that alone was a pretty good gift. Happy Anniversary man
  • imagesdjack:
    I was thinking the same thing! We just had our 2nd anniversary yesterday, and leading up to it, I kept thinking "What the hell can I get her that's cotton?" I thought maybe clothes or something, but even she said not to do that, since she's in the middle of losing the post-baby weight. So all I did was write her a card and take her to dinner and a movie. It was our first time alone without the baby, and that alone was a pretty good gift. Happy Anniversary man

If the baby were here a nite out alone would be the perfect gift.  Baby is not here yet though, so with this anniversary it is kind of like the last one without the kids.

I have to bring it at least a little bit.

• Loading the player...
  • Throw pillows can be cotton. Ladies love pillows.

Drapes? New Bath towels? A nice luxurious robe?

Of course, you can always just go with jewelry.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • woman chiming in: How about a really comfy robe that she could bring to the hospital and have to use afterwards? I wouldn't worry if it's not all cotton or anything though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do like the robe idea, but I know it would have to be of high quality. 

And the most important thing is getting this time together before the kid is here and such moments become few and far between for a little while.

I also saw that they make cotton roses, so I might look those up as well and give them to her with the robe perhaps.

• I like all the guys advice. Do you have a jetted tub? Create a spa for her to retreat in with a robe and all the stuff that goes with a spa.  Happy Anniversary!
  • what about egyptian cotton sheets? they can be pricey but they feel oh so good nice and soft
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagecmiller0623:
    what about egyptian cotton sheets? they can be pricey but they feel oh so good nice and soft

This, and I like the robe idea. I was due Feb, asked for robes for xmas and got 3 but I love them. But egyptian sheets....ooooohhhhh

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecmiller0623:
    what about egyptian cotton sheets? they can be pricey but they feel oh so good nice and soft

Egyptian cotton is all we use on the bed anyway.  We take our sleep very seriously.

• imageladyjenna13:

imagecmiller0623:

Egyptian cotton is all we use on the bed anyway.  We take our sleep very seriously.

Yes as it should be lol it was the best cotton idea i had and DF had never heard of such a thing till i introduced him to it. hopefully you find something good!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Another vote for really nice Egyptian cotton sheets. That is what my DH got for us. Maybe in a color that you would normally nix, but that she would love.

Make the bed, sprinkle some rose petals (caution, the red ones stain) and make it alllll about her Wink. Worked on me. Every time I look at that set of sheets, I remember how sweet the gift was.

ETA * Depending on your (and her) style, there is some really pretty, lacy, feminine lingerie in cotton. And while you're at it, if you need it, get yourself some spiffy new undies. 

• I had to come back because I had 2 other ideas.

Minted (www.minted.com) does art prints (as do others) on cotton paper (I think it's called cotton rag?). Stretched canvas is also cotton, right? So if she would like a piece of art or a framed print, that would work.

Depending on how your wife feels about getting her pictures taken (or if she has these photos already) she might like a long, pretty, romantic cotton night/dressing gown and a professional photo shoot of her and the baby. I love those photos. Alternately, box  up one of your favorite, cotton button down work shirts and an appointment for boudoir photos. That would be a fun sexy surprise too. ;).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"