Eco-Friendly Family
Options

how to cut out plastic

I am looking into glass baby bottles, glass food storage, etc. what about teethers? and baby toys? what about sippy cups when the kids get old enough to throw their cups around? what about plastic coated baby spoons? help :) 

*~PAIF/SAIF welcome and encouraged!~*

Re: how to cut out plastic

• Options

and all the plastics my baby care products come in! even if I order badger sunscreen and california baby body wash, they all come in plastic bottles, isn't that leeching chemicals into the products? 

*~PAIF/SAIF welcome and encouraged!~*

• Options
    People do wood for teethers.. I think there are some stainless steel sippy cups I've seen recs for. As for products, not all plastics are created equally, I think harder plastics are better health wise, than soft plastics. There's a good list that breaks them down somewhere. Also, silicone is not a plastic and it is being used more frequently. It's a tough battle though!! I don't know how to buy some products without plastic -- without going extreme and making everything. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

https://www.abesmarket.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=5&order=relevance&dir=desc&q=corn

here are some products made from corn...havent tried them though

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    EcyEcy member

It can be so overwhelming, I know! It's very difficult to become completely plastic free unless you make your own products, such as: sunscreen, lotion, shampoo/body wash, etc.

I just try to steer clean of too many plastic toys, especially when they are in the chewing & lets put everything in my mouth phase. I also use stainless steel forks/spoons, straw sippy cups (Fogo, Safe Sippy 2), stainless steel food containers or glass, reusable cloth bags for snacks, etc. I focus on plastic elimination when it comes to food.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"