August 2011 Moms
Options

Birthday Party Activity Ideas

Hi Ladies,

Are you all planning on having an activity set up for the kids that come to the party?  I went to a 1 year old party for a friend's kid last fall and she had wooden picture frames that had her daughter's name and the guests name written at the top.  She had tons of stickers for the kids to decorate their frames and she took a picture or each kid with her daughter to give to go in the frames.  I thought this was cute.  I was thinking about maybe making cookies in the shape of the #1 with stuff for the kids to decorate and take with them.  I am curious if you ladies are doing anything and if so, what?

TIA!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birthday Party Activity Ideas

• Options
    eesomeeesome member

No, and here's why: Birthdays are already hectic to begin with. You are running around like crazy and at the same time, trying to please your guests, take photos of your LO, etc. Before you know it-- the 2 hours is gone!

I will, however, have the sprinkler out for the bigger kids to play in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageeesome:

No, and here's why: Birthdays are already hectic to begin with. You are running around like crazy and at the same time, trying to please your guests, take photos of your LO, etc. Before you know it-- the 2 hours is gone!

This.  We had a pinata, plus the kids swam in our swimming pool. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a kiddie pool set up, water guns, water balloons, and 3 lawn games (bean bag toss, ladderball and bocce ball).  We rarely saw the older kids throughout the whole party.  We had age ranges of 1-13.  All of the kiddies seemed pretty occupied the whole time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We are doing a photo booth. I bought a 5x3 feet backdrop that looks like an island (we are doing a beach/ocean theme) and got some props like a beachball, giant sunglasses, etc. for people to take pictures with.

There won't actually be very many kids at the party so I wanted an activity that would be fun for the adults too.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imageeesome:

I totally agree with this!  I'm already worried that I'll be so stressed that I won't enjoy myself at the party.  My parents' pool will be open, so kids and adults alike can entertain themselves.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

We will have some games for the kids and parent's with their LO's to play Big Smile and can win prizes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I've been really thinking about this but I don't think that I will do any games. We're only inviting family so I think we will just eat, open presents, and serve cake. 
    Ella 8.6.11
    Carson 3.28.13
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  Unfortunately those outside ideas are not an option for us.  Our house isn't big enough or set up right to host the party so we are using one of the community centers in our HOA. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll have a water table set up but that's it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"