Georgia Babies

walmart, I hate you.

I hate walmart.  I live very close to one and I almost never go in there unless I absolutely have to do so.  But today I went.  Weekday morning means less chance of crazies right?  Boy, was I wrong.  I had to get those little tags for the consignment sale and I needed a few other items.  So I'm standing in the office supply aisle looking for these tags.  P was fussing but not screaming.  I was rolling the cart trying to calm him down and this lady comes into the aisle and claps her hands very loudly at me.  Normally I have my K'tan and just stick him in there in stores but its in the wash.  Anyway, I gave her a weird look and she walked past and I figured she was gone.  Whatever.  Well about a minute later she comes back into the aisle and P is still whining.  Mind you, he was not screaming.  He was just kind of grunting and whining for the K'tan.  She approaches me and puts her hands on P's head and says something to me in Spanish.  I understand a little bit of Spanish but I had no idea what she said.  Then she proceeds to try to pick him up.  I had him strapped down into the cart with a cart cover so she didn't get far with that. All this happened within a few seconds.  Of course I started screaming at her and raised my fist to punch her.  I took the cart and rammed past her as hard as I could so she couldn't grab him.   There is no way in hell I am letting a stranger pick up my baby.  ever. I really thought the woman was trying to take him.  If I hadn't forgotten my cellphone at home I would have called 911.  All I could think was to get out of there asap.  Some other lady heard the screaming and came to check out what was going on but not a single store employee came to see if everything was OK.  I am at home now trying to calm down and I will be making a complaint later. 

I will never shop in Walmart again.  Every time I go in there it is some stupidity that reminds me of why I hate that place.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: walmart, I hate you.

• OMG, OMG, OMG!  What the hell!  Hopefully her intentions were good, but dude you DO NOT touch someone else's baby.  I'm sure Wal-Mart has it on their security cameras, but I would also inform the manager or someone that no employee came to your assistance, especially since you were screaming.  I hate Wal-Mart with the biggest passion and like you said, only go in if I absolutely have to.  I am so sorry you had to experience this, I would have reacted the same way you did.

• Well I just spoke to the manager and they are going through the security footage right now.  The manager tried to make it seem like this didn't really happen.  WTF. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageyellowtulips80:
    Well I just spoke to the manager and they are going through the security footage right now.  The manager tried to make it seem like this didn't really happen.  WTF. 

And reason # 4,000,300 why I hate Wal-Mart.  Their customer service sucks!

• I hope her intentions were good and she was just trying to help you while you shop, but good lord. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I can't believe no one came. That's the really scary part to me. What if she was trying to take him? I hope you've been able to calm down and that the manager gives you a better response. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageyellowtulips80:
    Well I just spoke to the manager and they are going through the security footage right now.  The manager tried to make it seem like this didn't really happen.  WTF. 

This would make me want to call the district office.  That is so scary and crazy -- I'm really sorry that happened to you!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wow how scary!! I'm glad everything turned out okay. What kind of crazy person tries to pick up a stranger's baby??

Do you like your K'Tan? I'm really tempted to buy one but they are pretty expensive and they have mixed reviews on Amazon. I already have a Moby but it's hot and kind of a pain to tie outside of the house.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"