LGBT Parenting
Options

Kaden Alexander is here - (long)

Kaden was born Friday, July 13th at 11:51am.  He weighed 9lbs 5oz and was 22inches tall. 

We had an amazing water birth at home.  The labor was the most intense experience of my life.  BUT - that said I'd totally do it again.  Definitely because Kaden is totally worth every second. And also because it changed my life, I don't know how but it did.  Being a new parent is exhausting, joy filled and emotional.  We've been so lucky to have tons of support in these first days.  (EV's brother and his wife joined us for the birth and have been around to help clean, cook and take care of Kaden).  EV and I have been splitting the night shift to hold and/or sleep with Kaden, she's gotten slightly more sleep since she's not nursing, but I've taken a few naps here and there.  It hasn't been too bad yet - I'm terrified for when she goes back to work in 2 weeks - but will try not to dwell on that.

Labor started Thursday evening, after taking a tearful bath and nap.  The early stages were noteworthy but definitely manageable.  Labor picked up around the early morning hours 5am ish I think, but although I was having intense contractions I wasn't dilating very quickly, I think I was stuck around 4.5cm.  I opted to jump in the tub for some relief and my midwife told me I could as long as the contractions continued to be really strong, and I was willing to "work them" since the tub can slow labor. 

The contractions picked up, but I was growing fearful and desperate because the pain between the contractions was nearly as unbearable.  Counter pressure didn't relieve the back labor and we were all confounded as to what was going on.  When Kaden was born we discovered that he had his elbow wrapped around his neck, so that his elbow joint was putting increasing pressure on my spine and sciatic nerve).   After an unknown amount of time in the tub without relief I began to beg to go the the hospital.  All I could keep thinking about is getting relief somehow - somewhere.  Our midwife was great in logically talking me down from my fear while listening to me, and I managed to share my fear and feelings about the pain inbetween contractions.  My logical brain was still active somewhere and I knew that even conceiving of getting in the car and leaving was not a reality.  Somewhere in there I gave up and gave in to the reality that this baby was going to be born there and that I'd have to go through it not around it.  She checked me again I was at 6.5 - 7 and I agreed to stay and labor. I opted to get out of the tub. Withing 15-20 minutes I had the urge to go to the bathroom and overwhelming urges to push which increased over the next 10 minutes until I was telling everyone I couldn't help pushing, it felt like I was having a muscle spasm of a sort. Rebecca checked me and I was 10cm.  Kaden was born in the tub about 1/2 hour later. I had a 2nd degree tear which is healing without stiches.   And Kaden was white and purple and perfect when we first saw him. He pinked up quickly and has been doing so well.

We're learning to breast feed together. And EV is the most amazing parent. I am overcome with love for her, and for our little family. 

I'm on bedrest for a week which is soooo hard.  I get in "trouble" daily for puttering or trying to clean, etc. 

Looking forward to forever...

I also have to say that having this board has been instrumental in preparing to become a parent and I am so grateful to have found it and all of you!!

Kaden

Re: Kaden Alexander is here - (long)

• Options
    he's beautiful! congratulations and welcome to parenting - it is an amazing experience! hugs to you and your wonderful new family! 
  • Options
    Congrats! Beautiful baby boy!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!  He's adorable.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He is adorable. Congratulations!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tdmklmtdmklm member
    Congratulations! What a beautiful little boy!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats, he is gorgeous.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats to the new mommies! He's beautiful!!!
  • Options
    Congrats!  He is absolutely adorable!
    M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ohh! Well done mummy! Sounds like you did a sterling job! And what a gorgeous bundle of cute you have there! :)

Enjoy. Every. Second!
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options

I just could see the pic now - SO adorable!  Welcome little guy and congrats parents!

• Options

First, he is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! 

Second, you are a rock star!!!  I am so happy that you got to have the birth that you planned on!  In this house we all believe 13 is a lucky number=)  Enjoy your bed rest, as hard as that may be.  

Congratulations!!! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

CONGRATS !!

Kaden shares a bday with our twins they are one year and 10 min older than him .. crazy !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADEN!!!!!  ADORABLE !!!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!! YAY for a great birth story!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations!! (It seems like your pregnancy flew by-- I didn't even realize you were due yet!)
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    He's beautiful! Congratulations!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thank you for all the well wishes!!!  We're all tired but doing great :-)

I'm excited to hear that Kaden shared his lucky bday. ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"