March 2012 Moms

head still flat

I seem to be full of insecurities this morning!

Every time we've been to the pediatrician (every 2 weeks or so due to reflux and weight gain issues) she's mentioned Kelsey's head being flat on the back.  We transitioned her to the crib 2 weeks ago, and I keep her off her back as much as possible.  When she's awake I try to either hold her or put her in her bumbo-like seat.  Some days we're busy and she's in her carseat a bit when she's awake.  I've been trying to wear her in the ergo and moby more.  Can anyone give me some reassurance about this?  There is only so much I can do.  She's a great sleeper, and sleeps solely on her back (rip or carseat for naps, crib at night) so she spends a lot of time on her back.  I just don't think there's much else I can do! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: head still flat

• Did your pedi have any suggestions?  I can't think of anything else to try.  I know there are some pillow/positioner type things out there but I don't know how safe they are.

Are you swaddling in the crib?  Dd started sleeping on her side when we switched to a sleep sack instead of swaddle. 

image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• It sounds like you're doing a good job. I have a babymoon pillow and boppy noggin for when he's on the changing table, bouncer, playing on the floor or in the crib, etc. his head is starting to round out slowly but surely. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are still flat too! we need to just grow more hair so it does not show as much!
  • Your not alone-ks right side is still flat though it's rounding some. My Ped said as long as when she's awake and not on her side it should be fine. I assume yours would be the same. It is pretty stressful!
    Kingsley Kennedy Wolff born March 16, 2012!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"