LGBT Parenting
Options

Yay! We're six weeks along! Now please excuse me while I retch . . .

Hey, Ladies.

This is really not what I'd bargained for.  I feel like I have been quietly run over by a truck.  Then again by a herd of zebras. And finally a little swallow came and pooped in my eye. That's how I feel.

But I'm so happy to be pregnant! Whee! Blech. 

For the past several days I've had a wicked stomach ache.  It is high up and makes my back muscles hurt, up high, too.  I can't fix it or figure it out, but it is definitely worse when I've eaten.  So I look up the whole thing about progesterone slowing down your digestive system so that the fetus can get more nutrients from the tortilla chips and guacamole and all. Seems smart.  But it is basically just throwing my comfort to the wolves.  

Last night was not pretty. My guts decided to reject my whole meal over the course of a couple hours and now I'm in a painful hungry way, but afraid to eat.  

I'm worried, too, that something is wrong, or something I ate has hurt the pregnancy and that I'm a paranoid worrier and that I'm raining on my partner's parade of joy in the upcoming baby and that I won't be able to eat all of the fantastic food that I so desperately want to eat and will be forced to build a baby on saltines and apples.  

Anyway.  Back to bed.  I'm a lucky duck that I get to work from home, so I lie there with the laptop, work, then can stagger around and get water.   The funny thing is that I don't feel pukey or nauseous, I just have the stomach ache until I must hurl. Plus this morning I am trying to black out when I stand up and take six steps.

Thanks for letting me complain. :) 

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: Yay! We're six weeks along! Now please excuse me while I retch . . .

• Options

try eating smaller meals but more frequently - like 6 small meals instead of 3 big meals. you might find peanut butter as a savor or something else.  congratulations! 

• Options

I am right there with you...  Let me tell you this it gets better!  What has really helped me is eating a small meal/snack every two to 3 hours and then eating something really small (handful of plain goldfish, one piece of toast with peanut butter etc) about every hour.  I know this sounds like you will be eating all the time.  I have found at times I do not want to eat but not eating makes it so much worse.  I would honestly rather throw up food than dry heave. I also work from home on my couch so I just put a bag of goldfish, peanut butter crackers, cookies and an apple or pear on my end table each morning.  This way if I am feeling really bad, I don't have to move to get my snacks.  M makes fun of me and keeps threatening to get me a mini fridge to put by the couch.  :)

No one warns us about the first trimester and how un-glorious it really is. They also don't emphasize the fact that our body is no longer our own and our own comfort takes a backseat to the little jellybean in your belly.  I can tell you this, there will be bad days even horrible days but there will also be a day here or there where you don't throw everything up, don't feel as exhausted and can truly marvel in pregnancy. 

Fingers crossed for you that you find what works for you!  And always feel free to vent! 

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm with you, too! I hate feeling nauseous all the time, and normally I'm such a morning person but now I can barely drag myself out of bed! I feel like such a sloth!

Plus I was craving pad Thai last might and then I had some....it was delicious, but not the second time around!  Blech!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hang in there.  I felt the same way in my 1st trimester.  I had to eat a few bites of something (whatever sounded like it wouldn't taste bad coming back up!!) every few hours until about 12-13 weeks.  If you feel like something's wrong, call your doctor just to be sure, but you're most likely just in the midst of some crappy "morning" sickness...which as it turns out happens 24 hours a day.  The silver lining is that for me it turned off like a light switch as soon as I hit my 2nd tri.  Hope it gets better for you!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"