LGBT Parenting
Options

XP: Graduation Day (PIP)

So we graduated from our RE today!  Both babies are measuring 8 weeks and 4 days with heart rates of 170 (baby b left) and 174 (baby a right).  We have a much better picture of these LO's so we are two very excited mommas right now.  Meeting with the OB on Wednesday so I will let y'all know how that goes.

I hope everyone has a good week!

M & M
06/12 - BFP!!!!
Beta #1 15dpo - 256
Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
EDD 02/21/13
09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: XP: Graduation Day (PIP)

• Options
    Awesome picture!  Congrats!
  • Options
    That is so exciting!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats--very cute.  Will you be seeing a MFM?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageTaylorandMel:
    Congrats--very cute.  Will you be seeing a MFM?

Honestly this is up in the air.  I asked my RE if I should see my OB first or go straight to an MFM and he told me to go to my OB first.  So I called my OB's office a few days ago and they said he will more than likely refer me to a MFM to work with while also working with him due to my medical history but it's played by ear as each case is different.   I am severely insulin resistant (treated by severe structuring of diet as metformin and I are not friends) and I have extremely low blood pressure (today was 92/57) so my RE said I am treated as high risk from day one.

The short answer is I don't really know... I figure we will meet with the OB Wednesday ask him a ton of questions about it and then decide from there.  

Any multiple mommies on this board did you see a MFM with your OB or just a MFM?

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

Congratulations!  I hope your MS gets better real soon!  I was pretty miserable the first 20 or so weeks with our twins.... Certain smells were the worst and would set me off something fierce.

I saw my OB and would see the MFM if it was needed (I have Kaiser and there was always one right down the hall if she needed a second opinion)   She has over 15 years of high risk experience and I had been with her for almost 10 years so felt EXTREMELY comfortable with her, she also was my OB for our son.  I had an U/S at every appointment and she was very proactive with my care.  (For example, I have a blood clotting issue so I had blood work drawn often to check my levels, I never did the 1 hour glucose test, she just had me jump right into the 3 hour which I did once at I believe 23 weeks and the other at 29 weeks to ensure I did not have a late onset etc.)  In general she was more like a MFM than a typical OB.  

Can't wait to hear about your appointment! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"