Single Parents

Need Advice

I plan on telling my parents tonight that I am pregnant.  My lease at my apartment is up at the end of August, and I know the best thing to do would be to move back in with them.  I'm really nervous about what their reaction is going to be.  Clearly it was unplanned, but it is going to be worse when I tell them that my s/o broke up with me two weeks after I found out. 

I know they are going to support me, but I'm soooooooo nervous.  Help?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Need Advice

• I cannot help you but wanted to wish you good luck, they are your family and I am sure they will love and support you no matter what.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageashlin242000:

I cannot help you but wanted to wish you good luck, they are your family and I am sure they will love and support you no matter what.

This!! Also, I was SOOOO nervous to tell my family. Most of them are very Catholic and I thought they would basically shun and disown me. SD was a POS and we actually had broken up before I even found out..and when I told him he was totally out of the picture. So I feel you on that part. I honestly think you are probably just imagining/ preparing for the worst and it will go so much better than you think. Just take a deep breath and know everything will be okay!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • With DD, I blurted it out. With DS, I was told I was in the process of miscarrying. So, when I told my mom, the immediate reaction was to support what I was going through. I didn't miscarry, and by the time that was apparent, everyone had adjusted to me being pregnant and saw the baby as a blessing. He's currently using me as a human pacifier.

Both times, it took adjustment, but my parents supported and loved me. Good luck!!

• Also, when my ex broke up with me, 2 days after I learned I was pregnant with DD, my mother forgot everything else and focused on how best to comfort her pregnant, alone, high school drop out daughter. (I'd later get a degree in engineering) 

• Thanks everyone.   I feel 100 times better now, and they of course told me that they will always love me, and will support me 100%.  I feel like it will be easier for me to accept that he is out of the picture, and I'm probably better off without him.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am so glad everything worked out for you.  Once less stress to worry about!  My family did not fully accept and support my pregnancy until she was born.  My father didnt speak to me for months!  Since then they have been fully supportive and love her to death
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thats great! Now that you have some support from your family you can focus on the baby and things will fall into place.
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"