Baby Names

Yes I'm sure you will hate this...

Kable / Cable

I love it... you probably don't.

But if you do please tell me so, if you don't leave some suggestions (not Caleb or Caden, these are some of my friends children's names).

While you're at it, let me know which spelling you like best because I'm unlikely to change my mind, lol!

Re: Yes I'm sure you will hate this...

• Sorry, I am not a fan.

If you're set on it though, use it. But please, spell it Cable. 

Callum and Colby would be some other suggestions.

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Huh...I've never heard that as a name before, but it's actually kind of cute. I hate the K thought, if you use it go w/ Cable. Everytime I see a K name where there should be a C i think Kardashian lol.
    Oh Boy! On our way to 3! Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't like it. Reminds me of the cable company.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Oh and my friend's son is Crosby, it's cute and very different IMO. That might work!
    Oh Boy! On our way to 3! Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • How about Gable (Like Clark Gable)? 
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • I've never heard the name before. It's NMS, but it's not so bad. :)

I do prefer to see it spelled Cable.

Suggestions...

Cash/Kash

Cooper/Kooper

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Yeah, I don't like it all. Not attractive. Some nouns make good names...this isn't one. And I really really hate when C names are spelled with a K...looks very trailer park to me. 

Cooper, Carson, Carter, Colm, Calvin, Cole, Colin, Corbin, Colton, Casey, Keegan, Keenan, Kellan, Kai?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • ames71ames71 member
    I don't like it at all. What about Abel?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageprincessjenney:
    How about Gable (Like Clark Gable)? 

Oooo yes! 

• imageames71:
    I don't like it at all. What about Abel?

The story of Cain & Abel was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw Cable. 

• I'm definitely leaning toward Cable (first time I saw it was with a K, so I kept it on the options list).

Thanks for your suggestions! I will be doing a name with a C (possibly K) because I like the sound before the middle name we have chosen.

If it counts for anything I like Cael as well, just not quite as much.

• Sorry, but all I can think of is this:

And this:

Sorry.

I do like Abel though, a lot! Cael is better too, though I'm not sure how you pronounce it, exactly.

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • All I thought of was TV cable. Regardless of what name you choose, you seem to think that everyone is going to "hate" the name. Are you sure you want to name your child something that you think people will hate, even if you love it? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really, really don't like it. Especially not with a K. It seems like you like something a little more unique than Caleb or Caden anyway. Maybe Gage, Cole, Cruz, Griffin, Sawyer, Enzo, Declan, Ezra, Brody.

• yes, you are right i hate it, seems everyone hates it so, how do you think your son will feel with such a bad name?

Cole

Cade

Carl

• All I think of are wires, sweater knits, and television.  But if I were to choose the lesser of two evils, Cable.

ETA: I love PP's suggestion of Gable!  Even though I think of gables, I still love the name and Clark Gable.  :) 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Not a fan. I am sorry but it is horrible. A Cable is a thing....not the name of a child.

What about:

Andrew

Ryan

Colin

Callen

ANYTHING but Cable!! 

• I'm not a fan, but like others have said if you go with it I'd recommend the Cable spelling.

Some similar suggestions: Calvin, Able, Colin, Cade

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member

It's absolutely awful.

Other pp have covered a lot of better suggestions.

If you must do it, at least spell it with a C. I always find randomly throwing in a K to be super trashy. 

• Oh Kable hurts my eyes!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • K names stress me out unless the original spelling is with a K so I definitely think Cable is better. 

The problem, is that most people will assume it is misspelled and will naturally try to change it to Caleb. He will spend his lifetime correcting people and I don't think he will like his name.

I think there are some great C names out there that are less common with a flair towards "cool" that you could find. I do like Cael or Cale. Or Cade, Callum, Chase. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Cable.

I am surprised many women here haven't ever read it in a naming book. It's actually a pretty old name. It's just not very much used. I really like it. I thought about it but hated it with ln. GL with the name! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagekacelle:

All I think of are wires, sweater knits, and television.  But if I were to choose the lesser of two evils, Cable.

ETA: I love PP's suggestion of Gable!  Even though I think of gables, I still love the name and Clark Gable.  :) 

The bolded exactly.

Abel and Gable are preferable. Just because 'Cable' might be an old name  doesn't make it good.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, I love it but I'm known for liking odd names.  Don't let anyone change your mind about something you really love either!

Good Luck :) 

• ZimgerZimger member

It's nms, but if you like it then use it. Good Luck!

I can't really think of any suggestions...although I have noticed some nice ones on here. I particularly like Gable.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ahahaha! Horrible! Makes me think of this:

Suggestions: Gage, Garrison, Chase.

• Poor kid is going to be called Cableman. I really don't like it. But it seems like you're set on it so I'm not sure why you were asking for opinions. I like the suggestion of Abel. I also like Kellan.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I looked it up on behindthename.com, which is a reliable baby name source. Not listed. And even if it was, I really don't like it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • what about Gable?  has the same sound just doesn't shout television.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageAlphabetFish:

Ahahaha! Horrible! Makes me think of this:

Suggestions: Gage, Garrison, Chase.

You mean awesome right? Cable is a bad a$$ in comics! Haha - I get it wouldn't be to everyone's tastes but the nerd in me would love to know a little boy named Cable.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's like Cain+Abel=Cabel. Why not just Abel?

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

• wawa84wawa84 member
    Yeah, I was never a fan of that name.  I had a little boy in my class named Cable a few years ago and couldn't stand it.  That being said, it's your kid and you get to pick the name.  If it's something you really like then go for it.  I prefer "Cable" over "Kable".
  • salt78salt78 member

Callum, Callen, Colby.

Cable is really bad, sorry. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • How about Comcast?  Or Verizon?
  • Sorry, don't like it at all. Reminds me of an X-Men comics character I disliked (used to be a Marvel geek back in the day).

I'm no good at suggesting names for other people because you're complete strangers, I still don't know what you like, nor do I know what your last name is or what your middle name choices are, but here's a couple of stabs in the dark: Colby, Coby, Curtis, Carter, Kellen, Calvin.

• I taught a kid named Kable and LOL'd in my head every time I said his name. 

Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I don't think Everyone will hate it, but my experience on The Bump has been that most "outside the box" names are disliked. It seems that many if not most people are more comfortable with names that are more common. From my desk at work I can see 4 different Bryan's... I don't want my children to have that problem.
  • I was considering T-mobile... lol!
  • Thanks for the suggestions! And actually, Carter and Kellen are both on the short list :)
  • imagecindiesheart:
    what about Gable?  has the same sound just doesn't shout television.

A lot of people have said they like Gable now... I'll bring it up to DH and see what he thinks too.

On another note... I'm a bit new to figuring out this posting... sorry for the guess and check!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"