D.C. Area Babies

Looking for an OB in Northern Virginia

Hi!

I'm new to this!! Just found out today that I am pregnant and want to meet a few OBs before I decide on which one is right for me. My husband and I live right on the border of Fairfax/Loudoun county and would love any great doctors in the area that people recommend! Thank you in advance!

Betsy

Re: Looking for an OB in Northern Virginia

• Not sure if the location would work for you, but I loved Greenbriar OBGYN. All the doctors in the practice were great!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • MGM81MGM81 member

I wish I would have based my Dr. on the hospital that I wanted to deliver at! So the question is where do you wish to deliver at? Only saw my Dr. when I started to push....

I love Fair Oaks but heard Loudoun has a new birthing center. Might want to visit there web sites or try and do a walk thru even thought it's kinda early sign up for birthing classes as they fill up fast in NOVA!

Had both my kids at Reston and it was simple & small. Parking was great for family to come & everyone is offered a private room. 

My OB was Dr. Sharon Sethi   - Good Luck with everything!

1830 Town Center Dr
    Suite 309
    Reston, VA 20190

Phone: 703-476-5200
    Fax: 703-476-4707
    Hours
    Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
    Closed Weekends

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural Miscarriage 2006

BFP March 19th! - Due Date11/25/14

• Loading the player...
  • BAGKJNBAGKJN member

Hi Betsy,

I just had a baby, and I would highly recommend Dr. Duggal of Loudoun Women's Health in Lansdowne, Virginia (right across from the INOVA Loudoun Hospital).  The hospital has "The Birthing Inn", and they were fantastic as well.

Congrats and Good Luck on the little one!!!

Best,

Bridget

• I go to Perfectly Female, offices in Ashburn and Reston and deliver at Reston H.

• Not sure if you've found a doc yet, but Dr. David Berry in Fair Oaks was my OB/GYN for 14 years, until I moved.  He delivered my first daughter!  Look up Capitol Women's care.  Good Luck!
  • I also go to Capital Women's Care (https://www.cwcare.net/)... their Hamaker Ct office in Fairfax. Dr. Berry also works there. He is great, as is Dr. Silas, who also works at the Fair Oaks location. In fact, I really liked all the doctors. Saw Dr. Berry and Couret most frequently while pregnant, but Dr. Silas delivered my baby (now 10 weeks). He was awesome and put me at ease.
  • Physicians for OBGYN Care right across from Reston hospital.
    Sept. 2010: IVF #1= BFP; May 2012: FET #1= blighted ovum, D&C; FET #2= ?? Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • love love love dr walter hodges!
  • I'm new to the area and don't even have a primary physician yet. I live in Reston and wanted to find an OB that delivered at Reston Hospital. I did research online and Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates, P.C.seemed to be rated high for all three doctors (Dr. Speyer, Dr. Barrett, and Dr. Mandolesi). I have my first appointment tomorrow at their Sterling office with Dr. Barrett.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I wanted to update you = I actually had Dr. Speyer not Dr. Barrett - she was SOOOOO nice! She answered all of me and DH's questions and didn't rush us at all! She met with us in her office first before we went to the exam room. Then we did a trans-vaginal ultrasound and she explained to us what everything was - the sac, yolk, heart flutter, etc. I'm so happy and so excited! I go back in 2 weeks for some blood tests and to listen for the heart beat. I've only gone once but I highly recommend them.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've heard great things about him...are the other doctors in his office good as well? I'm assuming that you can have him for most appointments, but that whoever is on call will deliver. Is that true? Thanks for the help!
  • imagekbara427:
    I also go to Capital Women's Care (https://www.cwcare.net/)... their Hamaker Ct office in Fairfax. Dr. Berry also works there. He is great, as is Dr. Silas, who also works at the Fair Oaks location. In fact, I really liked all the doctors. Saw Dr. Berry and Couret most frequently while pregnant, but Dr. Silas delivered my baby (now 10 weeks). He was awesome and put me at ease.

I go to the Alexandria location of CWC, but every doctor there is fantastic.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    We love you baby - m/c - 09/10/2011
  • I've heard great things about him...are the other doctors in his office good as well? I'm assuming that you can have him for most appointments, but that whoever is on call will deliver. Is that true? Thanks for the help!
  • I go to Perfectly Female in Reston but they also have an office in Ashburn. 

I love the NP Leah Elk and Dr. Doane-Wilson! 

• Hi Betsy! Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I highly recommend Dr. Paul A. Tudder. 

https://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-paul-tudder-2nsyt/address#OfficesAndHospitalsPracticesAndOffices_anchor

He delivered me, my oldest nephew, and my daughter. I had a high risk pregnancy and he was wonderful about explaining everything and keeping me encouraged throughout.

He has offices in both Reston and Leesburg, but only delivers at Reston Hospital. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hey Betsy,

Sorry im late on replying. I'm not even sure if you were talking to me but the doctors I went to are all female. I've only met with Dr. Speyer but the other doctors were rated well. I hope to meet them soon. Yes, whichever one is on call will deliver the baby. They team up with another office nearby too and those two doctors may deliver the baby if none of them are available. 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"