Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Baby monitors with a snooze button????

Anyone heard of this? If so, what ones have it? We have #2 on the way and would love a monitor that had a snooze option so the monitor would silence for 10-20 min. Or so...the reason we thought of this is because with DS1 I couldn't get back to sleep once I heard him wake up. By this I mean, when it was DH turn to get up with him I would still hear DS wake up and wouldn't be able to sleep until long after my husband came back to bed and was sleeping himself. This left me completely exhausted. Now we want a monitor so that whoever has to get up with baby can press snooze on the monitor so the other person cant hear anything and fall back asleep. I swear something like this should exist.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby monitors with a snooze button????

• Options
    So confused. Even if you could hit a snooze button, you already would have heard the baby, right? So you'd be awake anyway...? Am I missing something? Having a newborn is exhausting. It's just part of it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Totally aware it is exhausting...I have a two year old who was colicky as a baby. Even when we got up with him he would still be screaming hence the need to silence the monitor when I'm nit the one getting up. How is that not a good idea?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member
    Why not just turn the volume down and when he (DH) comes back in he can turn it up?
  • Options
    What if whoever gets up with the baby turns off the monitor as they leave the bedroom, then they turn it back on when they come back into the room?  I have never heard of a snooze button on a monitor.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I totally understand what you are saying but could DH just turned the sound off on your monitor when it is his turn to get up with lo and then turn the sound back up when he goes back to bed (or just turn the monitor off and then on)?  This way you wouldn't have to invest in something new but you wouldn't hear lo though the monitor when it wasn't your turn to get up.
  • Options
    We could for sure turn it o /off or turn the volume down,etc... I just thought it would be a good idea. You know how tired and spacey you are in the middle of the night, I'm sure we would forget to turn it back on.
  • Options
    I hear you because I had a colicky baby, too. (But I'd still hear him even without a monitor.). It's not a good idea because a lot of people wouldn't use it for that purpose.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You can mute Angelcare monitors, and I think it unmutes itself after about 5 minutes or so.  I know this has happened when I mute it to silently work in his room when he is sleeping (to avoid feedback) and then it turns itself back on without me doing anything. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll look into the baby care monitors.
  • Options
    We have an AngelCare monitor and it has a mute button that automatically turns back on the sound after about 5 minutes.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    AngelCare owner here - have used it with DD#1 and DD#2...I use the mute button OFTEN!  Whether its my DH going up there, if its the a.m. and she's just up in her bed babbling and I want just one more minute of shut eye and DD#1 isn't awake yet, if I was using it for CIO purposes.  Whatever the reason - I have done it and I am happy that I have it.  Its a lot nicer than turning the volume down too because then you have to turn it back up. 
  • Options
    My DD is still up every two hours at night.  I often have to let her cry for awhile or risk insanity.  We have a video monitor and turn the volume off.  Then we can see her but not hear her (on it.)
  • Options

imagedrpayne:
    I hear you because I had a colicky baby, too. (But I'd still hear him even without a monitor.). It's not a good idea because a lot of people wouldn't use it for that purpose.

Agreed.  I understand that if DH was getting up with LO snoozing so that way you/I could go back to sleep while he takes care of them.  I'm sure I'd forget to turn it back up/on when laying back down, just see that happening.  I have a feeling people would just flat out snooze their baby though and no one would get up.     

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"