Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How do you clean LO's tongue?

DD used to love it when I would brush her teeth and tongue with a washcloth. Then she actually got teeth and now will tolerate the teeth brushing, but clamps down when I try to clean her tongue.

I've tried making noises/faces, doing it on me and then her (I don't actually touch the washcloth to my tongue), distracting her, making her laugh so that her mouth is open, etc. Nothing really works well.

How do you guys do it?

My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d

Re: How do you clean LO's tongue?

• Options

I don't.

What does she do if you give her a wet washcloth to chew?  My LO brushes his own teeth (read: chews on the brush for a couple of minutes).

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    imagekatie4253:

I don't.

What does she do if you give her a wet washcloth to chew?  My LO brushes his own teeth (read: chews on the brush for a couple of minutes).

This is us, too.  DS is not having it when I try to brush his teeth.  He "brushes" his own by chewing on the brush.  When he's in the tub I give him a clean wet washcloth to suck on too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekatie4253:

I don't.

Us too! I also give her a cup of (clean) water while she's in the tub and she kind drinks/swishes it around her mouth.

The tantrum that will ensue if I do it for her is so awful that I'm perfectly happy to call chewing a rag, swishing a cup and sucking a toothbrush good enough at this point!

• Options
    same as pp. I do recommend the banana toothbrush, I tried the mam toothbrush as a emergency and he refuses to even look at it he just hucks it! I put a knot on one of the burp cloth to help with teething and we have 3 or 4 of those in the house or in the car.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"