August 2011 Moms
Options

When to drop the 4th bottle

DS is still getting 4 bottles a day. At his 9 month appointment the pedi didn't tell us to do it anytime soon. But my friends daughter is 9 months old and their pedi told them to drop all bottles except the nighttime one. How many bottles does your LO get a day?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When to drop the 4th bottle

• Options
    We are at 4-5. Our pedi did say at her 9 month well check that at 1 year the goal is for most of their nutrition to come from table food, but I'm waiting to see what they say at her 1 year appt. The nighttime bottle is going to be a challenge.
    "For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." ~storypeople.com   

My Blog - Taking You Home

• Options
    3 bottles. She dropped her 4th bottle on her own. It didn't really fit in with the schedule. We were never told to drop any bottles. She has a morning bottle, an afternoon bottle and a bedtime bottle.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageshanado:
    3 bottles. She dropped her 4th bottle on her own. It didn't really fit in with the schedule. We were never told to drop any bottles. She has a morning bottle, an afternoon bottle and a bedtime bottle.
    these are the nursing sessions that we're down to (well, and a 4a one).  I'm going to try to get rid of another next week.  It actually might be the night time one next since that's the one where she drinks the least.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

The pedi we saw at 9 months said he should only be drinking 20oz of formula now. But I didn't agree with her and I'll never see her again, so I'm going by what I've read elsewhere. Meh. We're military and have seen a different pedi at every appointment except one. They all say different things, so I listen to what they say, then compare it to what I read/hear from other sources.

Before the 9 month appointment, he was getting 4 bottles - about 32oz. After that, I added another "meal" of solids" and merged the two mid-day bottles. He now gets three bottles, about 8oz each - morning, around 1:00-2:00, and bedtime.

I don't feel right cutting back on formula yet since I'm still trying to get him balanced meals of solids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We are down to only the morning bottle.  DS started refusing bottles last week and basically dropped 3 all on his own.  I think he would be fine/happy if we dropped the morning bottle too, but I want to use up as much of the formula that we have left as possible.

His dr gave us the go-ahead to be done with formula.  I called last week to make sure it was ok.  The nurse said as long as he is eating a well balanced diet it was fine.  Considering he eats whatever we put in front of him, I'd say his diet is well balanced.  I do my best to make sure that we offer him nutritionally sound food and he's eating whatever we eat for meals - meat, veggies, starch etc. 

And the nighttime one was the first that he dropped.  I think he was full enough from eating dinner that there was no need for the bottle.

• Options
    We offer five. They usually drink 3
  • Options
    DD is down to 2 bottles a day @ 10.5 mos. morning and night. She eats mostly table foods - self feeds
  • Options
    Down to 3-4.  Would like to drop the early morning one (4) more often.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

• Options

4x per day. Every kid is different and for us solids meaning table food has come very slow. We just cut our first 2 teeth. I'm in no rush to take away a bottle at this point. I think she will self wean at her own pace. I agree that every pedi is different in their recs.   

3 failed IUIs, 1 successful IVF Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage
  • Options
    At our 9 mo checkup our pedi said we need to be completely off the bottle when we come for our 12 mo checkup.  At that time we were doing 4 bottles.  We went ahead an dropped down to 3 at that time, 2 at 10 months, 1 at 11 months, and now we're working on dropping the last bottle.  He's not consistant yet, but occasionally he'll go without his bedtime bottle.
  • Options
    We are still 4x a day, most days. Occasionally we will skip lunch or dinner if we are out and about or at a restaurant. I honestly haven't really even thought of dropping them yet at all. Her pedi didn't say anything at 9 months. Probably within the next month I'll start introducing a formula/cow milk mixture, and we'll work from there.
    nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"