Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Best 1st BDay gift??

So i'm going to a friend's baby's 1st bday party and I have no clue what to get her.... She doesn't need any clothes whatsoever. 

The party is for a girl.  Is there anything you're hoping your lil one will get once they turn 1?  Or, if you have older children, is there something they received when they turned 1 that you thought was fantastic??

Thanks for the advice :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Best 1st BDay gift??

• Options
    I'll tell you what I didn't like.  Anything with tiny pieces like puzzles.  They were a PITA to clean up and make the play area look more cluttered than it really was.  I really like those large cube toys that have different activities around it.  It's compact but has a ton of different activities.  For our godson's 1st birthday we got him a tricycle.  You also can't go wrong with clothes and books.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm hoping for more board books since our collection is small. I am also hoping for some musical instrument toys (different kinds of shakers, mostly) because DS is really into that type of thing right now.

For a larger gift, we plan to get him some sort of ride-on toy.

I also got some of those "My First Crayola" crayons - they have some different sets, like a bath set. I'm hoping DS will like coloring with those.

Bubbles are also a fun gift if she has enough toys.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mama31mama31 member

Some things that will be on DD2's list are bath toys, personalized duffle bag, PJs for fall, cute socks for fall, boots for fall.  I know you said no clothes so I am not sure if these fall in their category. The only toy on our list is Leap Frog Learn & Grove Maracas.

Things DD1 loved that we already have are shopping cart, stroller, baby dolls, leap frog learn & grove table, little people farm, My Pal Violet, all books, stuffed dogs, mega blocks.  As you can see we have way to many toys.  This is why I do not want many toys for DD2's birthday.  DD1 still plays with these toys.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD1's favorite first birthday gift was a ball pit. We bought a cheap blow up pool from Target and 100 balls from Amazon. It still keeps her (and DD2!) busy for hours when I get it out.

The other toys DD1 started to love about the time she turned a year are Little People. We have the Alphabet Zoo, Noah's Ark, and Nativity. For Christmas they'll probably each get another set. The animals are her favorite.

Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Sorry for any repeats, but I suggest chunky puzzles, a shape sorter, wooden blocks, Legos, Little People or a walking toy like a shopping cart. I also like the Parent Magazine toys at Target, such as the gumball machine and drumset. We've gotten A LOT of mileage out of all of these items.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Board books are always good, shopping cart, play kitchen, water table, bath toys, shape sorter, leap frog fridge phonics, shape sorter. 

I don't know how much you want to spend, but like I said, books are always great!

• Options

Board books. Anything that stacks and is colorful, like those cups/ball thingy. https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Brilliant-Basics-Stack-Roll/dp/B000LSZVJQ/ref=sr_1_18?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1342406578&sr=1-18&keywords=toys+for+1+year+olds

You also can't go wrong with essentials that could never be duplicated: bath toys, because no matter how hard you try, you have to throw them away after awhile from mildew, so you need a constant replenishing of them; sippy cups, utensils, etc. But don't get any toiletries like lotion or shampoo. She's probably still using the stuff she got from the baby shower, lol. That stuff lasts forever.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the input!  I love the personalized duffel bag!  I think i'm going to start with that, and then fill it with small items like board books, hair accessories, bath toys, etc.  That way I can cover all bases :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mama31mama31 member

imageKatieD723:
    Thanks for the input!  I love the personalized duffel bag!  I think i'm going to start with that, and then fill it with small items like board books, hair accessories, bath toys, etc.  That way I can cover all bases :)

I actually just ordered one from PBK.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm a teacher, so my favorite gifts are always books!!  I don't care what anyone says... a child can NEVER have too many books!  Fostering a love of reading at an early age is so important and can create such a special bond between child & parent.  :) 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"