Multiples
Options

Recommend your mid-size SUV!

We are looking at upgrading my car to a mid-size SUV, but we don't know where to begin...

Keep in mind that my husband is 6'6" and about 260 lbs.  He needs a steering wheel that both tilts and telescopes for his big ole legs.

Pimp out your SUV - go!

Re: Recommend your mid-size SUV!

• Options

I have a Ford Escape and I love it... I have had it for two years and have had no problems with it (*knocks on wood*).  My Dh is 6'2' and 240 and has no problems... my brother has also driven it and is 6'5" about 250 and stated he couldn't believe how roomy it was....

I will say though that once you put your two carseats in the back seat there is not much more room.  the trunk is awesome and easily hold my double stroller.  

Mine has a V4 engine so it was cheaper to buy and is better with gas.  I will not be towing anything so there wasn't a need to get a v6 but that is all preference as well.

Good luck!

• Options

On Wednesday we finally broke down and bought DH a used CRV. We love Hondas and DH used to have a CRV 3 years ago. We traded it in and I got the Honda Pilot (which I love). DH has been driving a small truck the past 2 years, but it doesn't have a back seat, so he could never take the girls with him, they always needed to be in the Pilot. Now that I am starting a new job and he will have to pick up the girls at daycare every afternoon, we needed to get something with a back seat. We saw a used CRV at the local Honda dealership and jumped on it. The CRV is a wonderful mid size SUV. Take one of your carseats with you when you test drive with your DH in the drivers seat to make sure it fits. We have no problems, but my DH is only 5'11" tall. I was going to downgrade to the new CRV when it came out last year because we love that vehicle, but once I got PG with the twins we decided to hang onto the Pilot because we have 2 dogs that we take with use when we travel so we needed more room in our main vehicle for travel. The CRV we got for DH is going to work great for him, he can even take the dogs with him to get the girls if he wants because there is room in the back for them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kerry we got at nissan rogue over teh summer and love it!  it's definitely not super huge but i didn't want something too big. i think it will be a good family car.  and the best part is that it's not super expesnive!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We just got a 2008 CRV and we love it!  MH is about 6'1 and he can fit in it just fine.  The car seats fit in perfectly and there is even still room for someone (small) to sit in the middle of them.
  • Options

We have an Acura MDX (although I'm not sure if that is a mid-size or small) and we LOVE it!  I use it as my everyday driver but DH (who is a big guy) LOVES driving it as well.  It has lots of "luxuries" which I love and gets great gas milage.  We installed the infant carseats yesterday and they fit side-by-side perfectly and allows you to still access the 3rd row if needed.  We keep the 3rd row folded down but it is super simple to flip up and pretty comfortable too.

Good luck with whichever vehicle you choose.

• Options
    We have an 05 Saturn VUE which we LOVE! It has a gigantic back seat... even when we put the seats all the way back you still have room for someone behind you.  It is a 4 cylinder and gets pretty much the same gas mileage that my Honda Civic was getting... I have noticed the newer VUEs are a little bit smaller so I don't know how they would work with the two carseats.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"