LGBT Parenting
Options

Stroller question

So this is so stupid of me to ask but given light of recent events thinking of a logical answer is outside my realm of capability (after writing a 4 page financial/personal property agreement and a 7 page child custody agreement not much is within that realm...)

As part of our agreement we are each keeping the baby items Ky still uses (stroller, high chair) that were given to us by our respective parents. Once she outgrows them we will sell and split the proceeeds. In the meantime I am without both. Ky actually has a high chair at my mom's house so that is a non issue. Problem is I am left with only a crappy umbrella stroller (we have 2 of these so we each kept one). While this works for quick little trips and things I need something better for big trips...or so I think.

Here is my problem. Ky is two (well in five days she is anyway) and loves to walk when we go places. I have a wagon that I could take to say the zoo and what have you BUT it would be a PITA to put in my little sedan. But lets say I go to the mall and I know she is not going to want to walk the whole time and I need someplace to stash my goodies/beverage.  What do I take?

So let's say I buy a stroller, how long am I REALISTICALLY going to use it? A year, maybe? Is it worht buying it new or would a second hand one be worth it? Go for a super nice one like we had or a more subdued model since it has a short lfie span...

Some many options. Mommies of older than Ky kids HELP! Even if they are the same age or younger weigh in lol. I need all the help I can get to solve a simple problem lol.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Stroller question

• Options
    I have the City Micro (smaller than the City Mini).  They no longer make the Micro, but if you can find one online it's worth it.  Very easy to use.  Single hand fold and set up.  Navigates pretty much every terrain.  I would buy a used one just to have.  DD doesn't use one regularly, but for traveling, things like the zoo, etc, it is worth it.  I don't know at what point she will no longer sit in it, but for now I'm glad I have it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My kids used one fairly regularly till about 2.5 and then only for really long trips/walks till a bit over 3y. And I hate crappy/cheaply made strollers.

What about this? We had a Baby Jogger (though not this model since they didn't make it then) and were really happy. I think TWB and N2A have this as a double. this is a great price for it.

https://www.albeebaby.com/baby-jogger-city-mini-single-8-stroller-2011-black-fuchsia.html

Or? We also had 2 single Maclarens and were really happy with them. Very solidly made and held up well.

https://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren-2011-quest-sport-stroller-with-bonus-raincover-and-seat-liner-navy-cerulean.html

You could probably get at least 1/3-1/2  back when you sold them.

Sorry you are having to think about this stuff...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Layne is going to be 3 in October and we just bought a new stroller for her. We went with the Graco Literider. It was fairly inexpensive and even though I have always wanted an expensive stroller, we have always settled for the midrange and have had no real issues EXCEPT that we admire the beautiful $500 strollers that others have. Since she is older, it is easy enough to cart around and easy for her to hop in and out of. The front bar pops right off. We like it and so does our little one. My suggestion... sorry bout the split. :(
    Iui #1 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 2 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 3 = clomid 50 mg = bfn. Iui # 4 = unmedicated = bfn. Iui # 5 = unmedicated = bfp - miscarriage at 5 wks. Iui #6 = nov 2012 = gonal f 75, endotrim 100= chemical pregnancy/bfn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"