August 2011 Moms
Options

A workout motivational post (with before/after pics)

Last winter I did the Jillian Michael's "30-Day Shred" for 30 days straight, and got these great results:

I recently decided to do Jillian Michael's "Trouble Zones" for 30 days straight, and my stomach is now at my goal! I now feel comfortable wearing tank tops, and no longer see the mini muffin top. All this hard work paid off! 

Before/After Trouble Zones:

Just thought I'd share to motivate others. It was not easy, but it was well worth it. Also-- anyone else have any before/after's of themselves, please share!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: A workout motivational post (with before/after pics)

• Options
    Hey girlie! thanks for posting this!!! I feel like I need motivation. My first AF showed up...boooo. I ate brownies with H at 10 pm last night. Um, yeah, I'm back on it today. Must. Lose. Babyweight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    btw, you look amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing! hard work pays off!!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eesomeeesome member

imageRachey1082:

Thanks! Speaking of late night snacking-- that was my biggest issue! DH would make something really yummy (like a huge plate of nachos or a large pizza) and we would eat it and then go to bed right after. No bueno.
    I now get on myfitnesspal.com to watch/track my calorie intake. It has helped a TON!

GL! 

• Options
    Way to go!! 
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options

Didn't you post a similar pic recently, like last week? I remember seeing someone's pic...and then I went and bought 30 Day Shred. Target has a bunch of workout dvds (including the Jillian Michaels ones) on sale this week (through Saturday).

You look great - I'm hoping I can stick with it and get good results, too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Meeeeeeowww!
  • Options
    S-TunaS-Tuna member

Hot mama! 

• Options
    eesomeeesome member
    imageladybugpjb:

Didn't you post a similar pic recently, like last week? I remember seeing someone's pic...and then I went and bought 30 Day Shred. 

Yes, that was me! I posted just the before/after 30-Day shred one in the post Mama Ha made where you post pics of yourself to "tell a story". Fitness is a part of my story. :) 

• Options
    eesomeeesome member
    Thanks, ladies! I feel great. : )

• Options
    imageeesome:

imageRachey1082:

Thanks! Speaking of late night snacking-- that was my biggest issue! DH would make something really yummy (like a huge plate of nachos or a large pizza) and we would eat it and then go to bed right after. No bueno.
    I now get on myfitnesspal.com to watch/track my calorie intake. It has helped a TON!

GL! 

Good for you, mama! DH always makes a snack at night too. I was logging my points on to weight watchers on my phone, but I haven't been sticking to that so much.

• Options
    What keeps you motivated when you decide to do a fitness challenge? Routine, accountability, or something else?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    eesomeeesome member

imageJelliebean1982:
    What keeps you motivated when you decide to do a fitness challenge? Routine, accountability, or something else?

A few things are my motivation:

1) I have a ton of "small clothes" in my top closet I couldn't fit in. I wanted to wear those again...comfortably.

2) Diabetes runs strong in my family, and I already have hyperglycemia. I know fitness and good eating will keep me far, far away from it (or at least help).

3) I want to feel great when I go to the pool, and not self-conscious anymore.

4) I am hoping eating good and being fit will trickle down to my kids, and they also pick up and maintain great health.

5) It helps my high stress levels (from work/school) and keeps me away from depression.

• Options
    Another question...WHEN do you work out? Two kids, working FT, and you just finished school!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I changed my siggy earlier today...  The bottom one is my weight loss since last September.

I have 30 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight.  The reason I added it is because DH and I had a talk about our family today.  We are probably going to have a third baby...  I want to be at that weight before I get KU'd. 

I just started Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon training program yesterday.  I am running a half at the end of October.  I can't wait.  That's my accountability.  Plus, I find it amazing how much I can do now that I couldn't do a few months ago.  It's so cool how quickly my body is changing and how much my confidence is increased.  I wore a swimsuit and swam in a pool for the first time in years...   

ETA: I use MyPlate on Livestrong.  It's easier for me because it has a feature that tracks my runs on a map and calculates my calories based on my time spent running and the distance.  I love it.  

DH loves MyFitnessPal. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Would you recommend the Jillian M Trouble Zone DVD? Did you like it? It obviously worked, but would you recommend it?  My tummy is my trouble area and I'd love to do a 30 day plan like this

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Looking good! I have a ton of smaller size clothes(some with tags still) and it still doesn't motivate me. I just have to start and then I'm good to go, why is it so hard to start it????
  • Options
    You look great! I have both of those dvds....haven't done the trouble zones one yet. I used to do 30 day shred all the time. I've gained about 50 pounds in the past 3 years and I'm ready to get rid of them! What keeps me going is when hubby eats healthy with me. We both have about 40 pounds to lose. I told him no more babies until I lose the weight....my knees already hurt. I can't handle any more weight at the moment! We should do a check in day once a week to see how people are doing!
  • Options
    AMAZING. Seriously... great job!!!
  • Options

imagealisap9:
    Go job EE!!! Do any of thoes videos/workouts focus on bum/upper thighs?? That's my problem area :(

Jillian michaels 30 day shred works all your muscles! And all it takes is about a half hour total. You should try zumba too! It works your bum, thighs and hips! I have it for the wii and love it. I do all my working out in the morning before dd gets up and after she goes to bed at night.

• Options
    eesomeeesome member

imageJelliebean1982:
    Another question...WHEN do you work out? Two kids, working FT, and you just finished school!

Around 8pm once Lydia is asleep.  

• Options
    eesomeeesome member

imagealisap9:
    Go job EE!!! Do any of thoes videos/workouts focus on bum/upper thighs?? That's my problem area :(

Yes!
    Trouble Zones focuses on ALL our woman 'trouble' spots: saddlebags, muffin tops, butt, back, flabby arms, etc.

There are two circuits in the 6 circuit workout that do butt and thigh area. :) 

• Options
    eesomeeesome member
    imageFuzzy21:

Would you recommend the Jillian M Trouble Zone DVD? Did you like it? It obviously worked, but would you recommend it?  My tummy is my trouble area and I'd love to do a 30 day plan like this

Absolutely! It's a 45 min work out broken up in 6 circuits that focus on the parts we women need help with. Really, really great work out. It burns 370 calories! 

• Options
    Thanks for sharing, this very well may be the motivation I needed!  My baby belly just isn't going away on its own, so I need some extra help.  I just checked Amazon and they have the Trouble Zone video on sale for $7.99 - at less than the price of a single Zumba class, I'd say that for me, it's worth it to give it a shot!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Eesome you where beautiful before and beautiful now :-) Amazing on what you have done with your body. Thanks for encouraging us all <3 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    eesomeeesome member
    imageCrash Into Me:

Fantastic job! I need to quit making excuses.  Now would be a great time to get started on training for a 10-miler I have been wanting to do for a few years. 

Thank you!
    The hardest part is starting. After about 2 weeks of the training, I was hooked and then became fully committed. It's a mind over matter sort of thing...and also a great way to boost your self-confidence. A 10-miler is a GREAT goal and a very achievable one. GL!

• Options
    eesomeeesome member

imageDuffgurl:
    Eesome you where beautiful before and beautiful now :-) Amazing on what you have done with your body. Thanks for encouraging us all <3 

Awww...thanks so much! 

• Options
    that is awesome!  Thanks for sharing and you look HOT! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    eesomeeesome member
    imagemananana:

I want to finish C25k before I try this, but my tummy is definitely a trouble zone.  :P  Do you need any equipment to go along with the vid, ee?

And how does it compare to this, if you don't mind?  

Just came back from running 3K- thanks, ee, for the kick in the pants!  I used to be a runner once upon a time and look forward to being one again!

1.) The only equipment you need are 2 lb weights. You can really do any weight amount, but since you do multiple reps, 2 lbs are good enough.

2.) Compared to that ab exercise you directed me to, Trouble Zones does much more than that. It targets glutes, thighs (upper and lower), abs, arms, chest, and back. It is a kick-ass 45 min workout composed of 6 circuits. You do a variety of ab exercises throughout it, and the variety really helps you build more muscle and burn more fat. 

3.) Good for you!!! I want to see some before/after pics when you reach your goal! : ) 

• Options
    eesomeeesome member
    imageJaysonandKristin:

I changed my siggy earlier today...  The bottom one is my weight loss since last September.

I have 30 lbs to lose to reach my goal weight.  The reason I added it is because DH and I had a talk about our family today.  We are probably going to have a third baby...  I want to be at that weight before I get KU'd. 

I just started Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon training program yesterday.  I am running a half at the end of October.  I can't wait.  That's my accountability.  Plus, I find it amazing how much I can do now that I couldn't do a few months ago.  It's so cool how quickly my body is changing and how much my confidence is increased.  I wore a swimsuit and swam in a pool for the first time in years...   

I wanted to tell you how proud I am of you! Seriously-- you are an inspiration to us all! You really kicked it into high gear, and are reaching your goals. If I could give you a real pat on the back right now, I would. Congrats on all your progress, and keep it up! 

• Options
    eesomeeesome member
    imagemananana:

BUT, something like that Trouble Zones dvd would probably kick my arse if I did it before finishing C25K and building some stamina again! 

It definitely builds stamina! It also has made me a ton stronger. There are push-ups, plank exercises, and arm exercises that have allowed me to feel strength overall, and I like it. GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"