Michigan Babies

To do list... before baby arrives!

edited July 2021 in Michigan Babies

Did any moms start a to do list of things that need to get done before baby arrives?  Things done around the house, things for baby, etc...

I am a to do list person and have begun making a list for everything, wondering what other moms had on their list.  Or things that need to get done before baby arrives.  Because I am guessing I won't have time to get everything done after baby is here.

Thanks!!!

Jess

Re: To do list... before baby arrives!

• TheWopTheWop member

I had a hospital bag list of stuff I wanted to make sure I had.  Of course, my DD was over 2 weeks early, so I never got around to putting everything in the bag.  Because my labor progressed so early and so quickly we were literally throwing random stuff in the car.  Haha.  For the list I made sure we had baby's coming home outfit, camera, laptop, cell phone, snacks for H, granny panties (seriously the pads you use in the hospital are huge), DVD's to watch on the laptop if we got bored during labor, pen and paper, general toiletries, my coming home outfit, nursing top, clothes for your H if he plans on staying at the hospital the entire time with you. 

Other than that I honestly didn't have a list of stuff to do.  Most other moms I know had the "nesting" instinct to get everything done before they went into labor, so there wasn't anything to do once baby is born.  Do you have pets?  Make sure you have someone arranged to take care of them while you're in the hospital.  Do you have someone available to do some grocery shopping while you're in the hospital so you have easy meals and snacks to prepare?  Make sure your car seat base is installed and inspected about a month before your due date.  You never know when baby will arrive! 

If you're looking to chat more, most of the ladies post on the GR Nest board.  :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"