Birth Stories

almost missed it! matthew's story (:

I found out I was pregnant the first day of homecoming week of my Senior year. I was due on June 1st, 2011, just 11 days after graduation.  Everyone was teasing me that i wouldnt make it to graduation, or that my water would break on stage. 

Graduation was set to be on May 21, 2011, but due to a mis-print they changed it last minute to May 20th, 2011 at 7pm. I went to my doctors appointment three days before graduation & i was 3cm & 80% effaced. They asked me if i wanted them to strip my membranes but i decided against it because i was determined to walk across stage at graduation. 

I managed to make it to graduation, which was a releif but i was having pretty strong contractions while waiting for my name to be called. I walked across the stage, graduating with a 4.0 GPA, despite the negative people telling me i would never finish.

I woke up at about 4am with stomach cramps, so i tried to go back to sleep when they started getting closer and lasting longer. It was like clockwork so i knew i was about to have my little boy.  I went upstairs at about 5am and caught my mom who was putting her coat on to go to work and told her i didnt think she would be going to work that day.  i went into the hosp at 6am with contractions about 5 min apart. i wasnt actually in a lot of pain and didnt get an epidural until one that afternoon, even then i wasnt in unbearable pain.  after the epi, they broke my water at about 6:25 i started pushing. An hour and 15 min later my baby boy was born at 7:09pm  7lbs 1oz (:

i went to work 2 weeks after having him & i am about to start my second year of college! so for everyone who thinks teen parents will never make anything of themselves, i am in the process of proving you all wrong (:

Re: almost missed it! matthew's story (:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"