Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Diaper rash that won't quit

My 8-mo old has had a diaper rash for literally a month now. I took her to the dr. last week after everything failed (airing out, A&D, Triple paste, Butt Paste, you name it) and she said it was just a mild irritation and to put a little bit of hydrocortisone on it for a few days.  I did that, and it started to clear up, but never fully went away.  I didn't want to do the cortisone for too long, so I stopped, but now the rash is back in full force!  And it's really red. I am going to call the dr tomorrow again but just wondered if any of you had the same experience? I don't think it's yeast because it's just 2 patches right on her tush, not in her folds or anything.

Re: Diaper rash that won't quit

• have you tried switching the diaper brand...I personally use cloth and have never had a rash problem w DD.
  • Here's what our doctor recommends, and it works great, very quickly. Wipe with cloth wipe, blow dry with cool blow dryer on low, then paint on Mylanta or Maalox with a cotton ball. Let that dry and coat with Desitin. Soaking in a lukewarm bath and blow drying helps too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I mixed aquaphor and corn starch together and that seemed to work.

"image"
    Ethan {1.11.10} & Malia {12.28.06}
  • dd had the same problem a few months back and when we changed the diaper brand it went away, we were using luvs at the time and they changed their diaper some how, (we were frist using the ones with the light blue pattern and then bought a pack that was all white) and once we changed it went right away
  • Ditto the changing of the diaper, my sisters DD had an allergic reaction to pampers because they have the powder built in, and it gave her a yeast infection!!  Where in NJ are you from?  It is kinda funny, our weddings are within a month of each other and our DD were both born in March and have the SAME exact name!! 
    Abigail Grace: 3/11/08 and Joshua Alan: 2/2/13 Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 5losses from 7/4/10 through 11/22/11 - “When the world says, “Give up,” Hope whispers, ‘Try it one more time."♥
  • DD had chronic diaper rash for 5 months. Not sure if you are bfing, but I am. It turns out that DD had a milk allergy. Once I cut back on diary it cleared up. It could be something in your diet or DD's diet. just a suggestion
  • did your doc rule out eczema? That is how I found out my DC had eczema, I thought it was a diaper rash.
  • This might sound really silly but my DD had a diaper rash and I stopped using wipes unless it is a poopy diaper.

The diaper rash went away and I don't have to buy wipes as often.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sapphire and I are leading parallel lives!  I live in Nutley now but grew up in Randolph. You?  I hope you don't think I'm a stalker, but I clicked on your name and you and I share a lot of interests, too (scrapbooking, reading, the beach, etc). Funny!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"