Success after IF
Options

**germanwife**

I read your response to tina below regarding sleep.  DS is 4 months old and we still hold him , swaddle him and hold him again until he is fully asleep before we put him in his crib at night.  He ususally sleeps from 8:30p-6:30am.  I cant even fathom just laying him in there and having him sleep the way he does without some soothing. 

When did you decide to just put your DC in their bed deowsy but awake?  Any tips?  DS begins to toss and turn at about 3:00am.  We often have to put the paci in his mouth to prevent him from waking up completely.  Sometimes we just let him go and he falls back asleep, but then proceeds to toss and turn again 30 minutes to an hour later sometimes.  All this obviously wakes us up.  I am working on the drowsy but awake nap thing and it sometimes works for us, not always, but we are trying.  I just wish we could get to a point where we could just put him in there at night...I just cant even imagine him sttn that way.  I also hate the idea of CIO, but i know we may have to do it some day.  Sorry this is so long...any advice would be helpful!

Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: **germanwife**

• Options
    We didn't even begin to think about sleep training until DS was at least 4 months old (actually closer to 5-6 months old).  Before that, nighttime was a complete nightmare in our house!!  I mean- Patrick had colic so bad-he screamed all day and into the night.  It was horrible.  And he really screamed if you even thought about putting him in his crib.  I read "The No Cry Sleep Solutions" book and applied some of the concepts in it (but not all of it worked for us and none of it worked right away).  The phases that we went through-0-2 months had to nurse to sleep and he slept in bed with us (otherwise we got no sleep).  3-4 months- nursed to sleep and placed in crib totally and completely fast asleep (and sometimes in bed with us).  Started putting him in his crib for naps during the day.  4-5 months old- nursed to sleep and placed in crib completely fast asleep (with some wakings right away and would have tostart the process over and over again without ever leaving his room or turning lights on...tok us hours).  5-6 months- I went back to work at night 2 nights a week, so he had to learn that other people could put him to sleep and the bottle could also be a substitue for the boob.  We also started our own version of Ferber...place in crib, baby screams, come back in 10 minutes  and pick up and calm down, try again.  At the beginning it took 3-4 pickups (not picking him up made it worse and never worked for us).  And we almost always had to get him back in the crib asleep.  6+ months...we were able to start putting him to sleep in the crib awake and he would fuss but then start playing with his toys or his aquarium or something.  It got to the point now where he nurses and then pulls off and gets antsy to say he is ready to get in his crib!  It was hard work to get here, but we are here now and he can definitely self soothe (he wakes in the middle of the night sometimes and we can see him on the monitor cry and then find his pacifier and then roll over and go back to sleep).  Also, routine, routine, routine.  We never strayed from our routine!!!   Good luck!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"