VBAC

RCS tomorrow...

akl0506akl0506 member

Well, I have given it 2 wks past my due date for a VBAC to occur on its own.  But, the cut-off is in the morning.  I will have a RCS. I am really excited to meet DD, of course.  I am excited to not be pregnant anymore, too.  Also, I am very curious as to what my OB might see when she is "in there" as to why DD never really dropped and labor didn't start.  

But, I am so sad about having to have surgery and not pick up DS for a couple of weeks. I think having a new baby will already be a tough transition for him and now I won't really be able to pick him up for a little while.  Plus, I am a little nervous for him to see me in the hospital, in the bed.  We are going to have him come the day after the baby is born so I will be more with it and maybe even sitting in a chair, instead of in the bed or something.  He is very into asking "what is wrong?" lately and I don't want for him to be worried about me, on top of being at home without DH and I, on top of a new baby coming home with us when we do go home.  

Just a vent, really.  If you have a good RCS story, feel free to share.  Thanks for commiserating with me, ladies! :)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RCS tomorrow...

• I'm sorry baby seems to be so comfortable in there!  Maybe you'll go into labor tonight? :-)  But even if you have the RCS at least you have a better idea of what will be going on.  Your DS is about the age my DS was when I had DD.  She was born in the middle of the night and he came in first thing in the morning to meet her.  I was in the bed but I put regular PJs on before he got there (and I was showered, etc).  My goal was to look as much like Mommy as possible.  As long as you have a smile on your face and give him a big hug, I think you'll be fine!  DS didn't know what to think of his sister but was excited to look at her and touch her.

Good luck and enjoy meeting your new little one!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Fingers crossed you go into labor tonight!  But if not, good luck with your RCS and sorry that you didn't get the chance to VBAC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"