Cincinnati Babies
Options

Is anyone going to take their LO to the Zoo?

For the festival of lights? I have never been and I really want to take Rylee, but I wonder if it is going to be way to cold to take her, anyone else?

Re: Is anyone going to take their LO to the Zoo?

• Options

I've thought about it.. if it is not terribly cold, we may.  I'll probably bundle up DS in the snowsuit thing my mother insisted I needed (even though she was buying me a bundle me for him too at the same time).  This way I know he'll be plenty warm... and it'll give me an excuse to use it once I guess. 

I think Brandon will like strolling around and looking at the lights and the animals.  He's already fascinated by lights around the house, and he loves to get out.  DH and I do too. 

• Options

We took DD to the zoo right before my maternity leave ended.  She did notice a few things, but the trip was more for us than it was for her.  Aside from getting out and enjoying some quality time together, she was too young to "get it". 

We have talked about going for the festival of lights, but only on a warmer evening.  She might notice the lights and the people, but she is still too young to really care.  Again, it will be more for us and spending quality time than a necessary thing to do for her.   I am hoping for a mild evening when it is conveient to go.  Do know that parking is a huge headache there on the weekends for FOL.  Try to go during the week if you can.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We plan on it but only if it isn't TOO cold.  We can bundle him up and put vaseline on his cheecks and he should be good to go.
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Options
    Yup, we got discount tickets and will go on a warmish evening.  :-)
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options

We took Rylee her first winter. I wore her in our Mai Tie and put her in a snowsuit thingy. She just looked around and stuff and she kept nice and warm.

I think we might try to go again this year.. but not too sure since she likes to only be carried and NO WAY would she ride in a stroller. I am not sure I was to carry her around in the cold all night when I am am days away from giving birth...LOL

• Options
    Would not miss it for the world. I love the Festival of Lights! ?We will just bundle her up. ?Lord knows we have enough Bundle Mes and blankets!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We probably won't go this year, since we are trying to save money in case we get laid off (which is a possibility).  But we did go last year.  E loved the lights.  We put him in his one piece coat thing and put a few blankets around him in the stroller and he had gloves and mittens on.  Come to think of it, I doubt he could move!  But he did seem to like it, but I am sure he will enjoy it more in a few years.
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"